Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Microbus to go into production

Wow, did not think even VW could make an uglier vehicle than the Beetle! But they have...

I suspect the end result will be dialled back a little than the concept car.

It might look better in another colour too.

Ahhh, I was more referring to the modern one but TBH as much as I love VW campers of all ages and pretty much all classic cars - the Beetle (and the Morris Minor) are just $%+&*$*. ;):D:mute

A '63 is probably rather nicer than most though! ;) :happy

I like it, wonder if they will do a Campervan version?

I get the retro design and it could work. All electric as camper though? The range is quoted as 270 to 370 miles depending upon cycle (do Europeans really drive that much more economically)? That'll be with an empty vehicle. Add all the extra weight associated with a camper and I fear that will be down to the 150 mile mark. That wouldn't even get us to Dover :-( .

and ....

the lid of the battery casing would probably have "lid-rot" further inhibiting performance :shocked

Concept rarely matches production so the final version may be somewhat different. My concern would be range as after a short affair with a Outlander PHEV the range on electricity when lights, heater and hills were included the range was pitiful. A lot less tha than a half of the quoted range and that was unladen and a single occupant, the driver. We can but wait and see. Technology may surprise us all or the politicians will do it for us.

VW and Jaguar are in cahoots with the motoring press to fill endless pages with concept studies "giving an idea of potential future direction" which then don't ever happen.

Microbus, smicrobus ...

I work for Nissan manufacturing and there is some real game changer stuff happening within the next 5 years! Obviously I don't know the full details as this is all done in Japan but we are seeing new technology on Virtually a half yearly basis now.

I really like it.

A family member is a car designer, so I've been seeing pics of concept cars for years. Once they go to be engineered & costed, things change!

When I get mine I will put some of those eye lashes on it :D

Back