Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Ocean waterproof seat covers with no Isofix opening

18ME

18ME

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I purchased a set of the VW Ocean seat covers a few months back and just gone to fit the rear seat bench cover on for first time as we’re taking the granddaughters out tomorrow, but I’m surprised that there’s no opening in the rear bench for the isofix connector. I’ve just looked on the ones for sale with Campervantastic and campervan bits and both say isofix compatible for T5/T6 and T6.1 so why would the ones I have have no opening? Did VW once sell them without Isofix?

I don’t really want to rip a hole in them but also don’t want our brand new Cali’s art velours marked…..Help!

Ours do. I can’t imagine they would not unless they are really old (pre 2014 when it became law).

Sorry if I’m stating the obvious but the VW covers we have don’t have specific openings but we just slide the isofix tongs(?) in between the covers.

But maybe that’s because we have separate backrest and seat covers - do you have a one piece!?

Ours do. I can’t imagine they would not unless they are really old (pre 2014 when it became law).
I bought them on here and assumed they were fairly new as they were pictured on a 6.1

Sorry if I’m stating the obvious but the VW covers we have don’t have specific openings but we just slide the isofix tongs(?) in between the covers.

But maybe that’s because we have separate backrest and seat covers - do you have a one piece!?
Yes, these VW Ocean ones are a single piece construction.

I think I’ll just have to lift the base part of the covers up in order to fit the child seats and then once we get to where we’re going tomorrow take the seats off and fit the base. Just seems a load of hassle but have no choice really if I want to cover the seats up.

Inka waterproof covers have holes for isofix. So might be worth switching.

I asked Campervantastic and apparently the VW covers only had the Isofix from 2023.