Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Shower Tent

JuanVecino2023

JuanVecino2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Does anyone have the VW accessory tailgate shower tent?

Any idea on use ability and how easy it is to put up & stow away?

It stows inside a chair in the tailgate. You have Velcro to apply on the tailgate (which stays on) and then it goes up and down pretty quickly. There are a couple of hooks too but doesn’t take long.

Does anyone have the VW accessory tailgate shower tent?

Any idea on use ability and how easy it is to put up & stow away?
Not the VW shower tent but I have fitted a shower/ privacy room on the non awning side rail using some brackets I found on Amazon. This can be set up in under about a minute and put away in two. It has the added benefit of not risking getting any water inside the van and they can be purchased for far less than the VW curtain. I got mine from 4x4Direct but I’ve seen them for similar price (£2-250) with a roof and integrated LED light. You can see from my van that they pack up quite neatly and its very sturdy, I’d guess it weighs no more than 5-7kg

IMG_5507.jpeg

We use a one person pop up tent. Very quick to pop up and pop down and takes almost no storage space - hot shower as well. IMG_20210428_172817_362_hdr.jpgAbout £15 from Amazon. Obviously not a California.

Not the VW shower tent but I have fitted a shower/ privacy room on the non awning side rail using some brackets I found on Amazon. This can be set up in under about a minute and put away in two. It has the added benefit of not risking getting any water inside the van and they can be purchased for far less than the VW curtain. I got mine from 4x4Direct but I’ve seen them for similar price (£2-250) with a roof and integrated LED light. You can see from my van that they pack up quite neatly and its very sturdy, I’d guess it weighs no more than 5-7kg

View attachment 116212
I love the look of your van - black with black Rhino/Swamper wheels would be exactly what I would have if family were not part of the decision to have a 'holiday' van.

Is this what you have> https://direct4x4.co.uk/products/expedition-shower-privacy-tent-grey?_pos=1&_sid=9288d3d60&_ss=r

VW shower tent is a good design and works well. Comes with Vecro fixing pads that stick to the inside of the tailgate, tent is then hung from the pads (+ a few hooks). Very quick to install / remove as no poles to pack..just folds up; Great for sorting gear out in the boot when it's raining….or use as a changing tent if the rest of the van are still fast asleep!

Design allows use of factory VW bike rack.

Only downside is that it is quite expensive, but it’s very well made.

Back