Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW T5 Dpf and limp mode

A

Aussietransporter

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi There, Im new to the forum looking for some help. I have VW T5 2.0 TDI. I’ve been having some issues with the DPF.
We’re driving around australia. We did a full service before starting the trip at the VW dealership. The Dpf light came on a few times at the beginning of the trip but would come off. (I would think that this was because regeneration was completed) After 3000km the light came on, I bumped up speed and revs but then the coil and engine management came one and car went into limp mode. I took it to a mechanic, scanned and the error was DPF regen failed. They forced the regeneration changed the oil and the light still came on after driving 50km. We took it to another mechanic that scanned and forced regen. We sre now stranded with the car in limp mode.

Any suggestions? I would think that it might have something to do with sensors as after doind the regen the codes clear up.

I had a DPF differential pressure sensor changed as it was faulty and preventing regens from happening the VW assist man changed it outside the house but I expect you don’t have any assist out there.
if you can get hold of a Carister you can measure the level and trigger regens yourself.

Back