Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waaaaay too much

I wonder how many California Owners weigh their vehicles when fully packed?

It looks oddly familiar.

IMG_2728.JPG

This photo was taken at the end of our first week away out of 54.

Fortunately we were able to reconfigure our packing regime after week 11 and jettison much surplus (including Meg's puppy off loaded to a cousin).

Now we have a very slick process with everything except bedding and awning stowed below the multiflex.

That’s what our van would be like if I didn’t keep saying we don’t need that!!!!!

I wonder how many California Owners weigh their vehicles when fully packed?
I’ve taken ours, once packed, to the quarry near where I live and used the weighbridge on a few occasions. Better safe than sorry.

Found some existing threads

It looks oddly familiar.

View attachment 53086

This photo was taken at the end of our first week away out of 54.

Fortunately we were able to reconfigure our packing regime after week 11 and jettison much surplus (including Meg's puppy off loaded to a cousin).

Now we have a very slick process with everything except bedding and awning stowed below the multiflex.
I guess you sleep upstairs.

I guess you sleep upstairs.

We were travelling as a family of four plus two dogs!

The tent awning went up, gear unloaded, lower bed made up. The whole faff took about 90 minutes to set up and up to two hours to pack up. That is why we tended to move camp once every four days.

If stopping overnight, two toddlers and one adult slept up top, the other adult curled up on the 150cm long bench seat.

It got easier once we’d jettisoned unnecessary baggage.

We now know how to pack properly for two or three weeks and have a very slick packing regime.

Surely he's loading up for a car boot sale not a holiday.

Back