Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Its not only VW that have problems

JohnGuppy

JohnGuppy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
My friend purchased a new Range rover 2 weeks ago , his wife uses it to drive 2 miles each day to school and back broke down today and was relayed to the dealer needs new particular filter , dealer told them the ECU shut down because of short journey's and the engine cant reach temp as they don't drive it to enable engine to do recycle they are even trying to say this is not covered by warranty its 2 weeks old and done 700 miles and not parts they are on back order

Not fit for purpose.
Give the dealers the keys back and ask for a full refund under Consumer Rights Act 2015.

There should be no issue with short journeys over the 2 weeks if it's done a total of 700 miles in that time.
Though 2 miles each day to school and back would only be a 1/2 mile journey each way, surely it would be quicker walking.

I agree but busy housewives big 4WD who never go off road wont walk anywhere

I walked a mile to reach the road to meet school bus the travel 8 miles to school and walked another mile to get home but no nasty people in those days only friendly cows

I walked a mile to reach the road to meet school bus the travel 8 miles to school and walked another mile to get home but no nasty people in those days only friendly cows

School bus! you were spoilt, I used to walk more than twice that & went home for lunch:D

In my day there were no busses :shocked

We walked to the next village to go to school but only after cleaning the chimney's first :(

Though 2 miles each day to school and back would only be a 1/2 mile journey each way, surely it would be quicker walking.

No I expect it is only a 1/4 mile to school, the another 1/4 past school to find parking spot each trip.

My friend purchased a new Range rover 2 weeks ago , his wife uses it to drive 2 miles each day to school and back broke down today and was relayed to the dealer needs new particular filter , dealer told them the ECU shut down because of short journey's and the engine cant reach temp as they don't drive it to enable engine to do recycle they are even trying to say this is not covered by warranty its 2 weeks old and done 700 miles and not parts they are on back order

Don’t feel sorry for her at all.
People wonder why we have an obesity problem in this country.
Doesn’t matter how busy you think you are. It’s incredibly lazy, bad for the environment and adds further to congestion.
I feel sorry for her kids too, bad example set IMO

School bus! you were spoilt, I used to walk more than twice that & went home for lunch:D

Our school bus meant getting up at 6:30. I preferred the 4 miles via bicycle which meant I could sleep until 7am, plus I was always first home in our house:Grin

Don’t feel sorry for her at all.
People wonder why we have an obesity problem in this country.
Doesn’t matter how busy you think you are. It’s incredibly lazy, bad for the environment and adds further to congestion.
I feel sorry for her kids too, bad example set IMO
Yeah I was almost daily run over by one these types when we lived in Brighton. Tbh we don't know their circumstances so some folks do need a car, but I agree that the vast majority are just plain lazy and far worse buy these types of vehicles as status symbols.

I walked to school each day after my 10 mile paper round, did that for 4 years solid, set me up for National MTB and Road cycling competition as a youth and junior so no complaints from my missing SUV drop off days.

?????????
If it's done 700 miles and it's only 2 weeks old, it must have got up to temperature, because that's not 2 miles to and from school each day.

Newer land rovers come with so many faults, but so do many if not most other makes. Its how the company's deal with these faults that count and how long they allow the same faults to continue in their line up. As for a 2 mile school run, I live next to a young mum who also needs a 4x4 for the school run of around 3miles return. The audi q7 just spends the rest of the time on the drive. The kid is 10 and looks like a fat ball. F

I have an Evoque.
I've read everything there is on the owners club.
Rejected cars with dents, delayed orders, wrong spec, premature interior wear, creaky bushes, multiple sensor replacements, cracked glass, knackered transmission, daily warning lights, off centre steering wheels, dodgy media screens, poor fuel consuption, flat battey,...etc.
I'm sure at least sometimes there is an owner element but of course not all.
I'm on my 2nd fault free (touch wood) Evoque. Drives like a dream day in day out 50 miles a day.
It's the fact that everything bad finds its way online. Simple really.

People ferrying their children to school and back, kids not knowing what it is to walk in the wind and rain, or to walk at all, yes, lazy, a major contributor to the obesity epidemic.

however do be careful not to judge too harshly.

I used to ferry my son to school every day, in my chelsea taxi, it wasn't far, and a bus went there also if we were inclined to ask him to walk a mile or so each day.

However not every disability is an obvious one. My son had, still does have, disabilities related to the autistic spectrum. I could not risk him trying to get to school on his own.

GJ. Hes not impaired. Hes just a fat lump with a brain dead lazy mother who stuffs him full of junk food. F

My mother brought us (me&6y older brother) to school on sunday evening and picked us back up on fridayevening , we stayed the whole week in (boarding)school started when i was 4y old till 9 y .....by then my 6y older brother was capeble to take care of us and we could go to a school nearby and come home every day ....that's probaly what's partly what made the my caracter....
How about that "ecological foothprint " !
The only thing a single mother with two childeren could do in the late '70s....now they drive back and forth to pick them up taking even for lunch....

Last edited:
GJ. Hes not impaired. Hes just a fat lump with a brain dead lazy mother who stuffs him full of junk food. F
Jeez Frenchie :punch

Couldn't you be a bit more tactful?
For sure people don't help themselves sometimes and that can be annoying even to witness, more over they may even do certain things that rile you but come on, there must be a better way to make your point.
I do like honesty though :D

Jeez Frenchie :punch

Couldn't you be a bit more tactful?
For sure people don't help themselves sometimes and that can be annoying even to witness, more over they may even do certain things that rile you but come on, there must be a better way to make your point.
I do like honesty though :D

Sometimes we are too tactful, too PC.

If a child is overweight through bad diet and bad example then the parents should be called out on it. I've made my point about applying generalities, and my son was never overweight anyway, quite the opposite, but we should not be polite when obesity is just down to junk food diet brought on by laziness.

Sometimes we are too tactful, too PC.

If a child is overweight through bad diet and bad example then the parents should be called out on it.
On a public forum that they are unlikely to visit isn't constructively calling them out though.

Back