Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waiting for our new MY18 Ocean

S

Sim C

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hello everyone,

our brand new white Ocean 150 was build on week 29 and now it is on his way to Sweden, Stockholm. Our dealer estimate to deliver before the 8th of September but we (my girl and my two bullterriers) have already planned for 2 weeks vacation in France. We are totally new and unfamiliar with VW, campervan and camping in general, so I am nervous about taking off for long vacation just one week after our new Cali will be delivered.
I want to thank everyone active in this forum, since I am using it to quickly learn as much as possible of the Cali world. Indeed, we welcome any essential tips and musts that could help us on our first trip with our dogs on Cali to France so feel free to comment here.
bests,
/sim

Hello everyone,

our brand new white Ocean 150 was build on week 29 and now it is on his way to Sweden, Stockholm. Our dealer estimate to deliver before the 8th of September but we (my girl and my two bullterriers) have already planned for 2 weeks vacation in France. We are totally new and unfamiliar with VW, campervan and camping in general, so I am nervous about taking off for long vacation just one week after our new Cali will be delivered.
I want to thank everyone active in this forum, since I am using it to quickly learn as much as possible of the Cali world. Indeed, we welcome any essential tips and musts that could help us on our first trip with our dogs on Cali to France so feel free to comment here.
bests,
/sim
Hi Sim, first things first. :welcome
I would recommend if you can to spend a few nights a bit closer to home you should do this. You will soon discover what essentials you will need. We even used the Cali whilst on our driveway just in case we needed something when we first had our delivery.

We took delivery of our Cali at end Feb this year and on 22nd June went on a 43 day trip around seven countries of Europe. No major issues/crisis - just a great holiday.

Enjoy.......

Welcome on board , as said above two weeks away straight afther delivery as first trip is very brave , on the other hand what can possibly go wrong you can not solve with help from this forum.

Thanks JW,
I am actually planning to spend one week in the van before vacation, unfortunately due to late in delivery one week with the Cali is probably all we got before our two weeks trip to France (bad timing at work). Do you think Air Vents / Air screen is essential for the night in France (Normandy, Bretagne, Dordogne, and a bit of Provence) at the end of September? Our dogs are quite picky with warm temperature. Rushing to Ikea and brandrup orders now, but feel strange to have to buy stuff before actually sit on our campervan.
ciao
Sim

If you got dogs those air screens for the front windows are must have ....

Hi Sim C.

Good idea to test out the van before a long trip... for instance it's good to fill the trunk with the things you will take then convert to bed mode and see where everything goes. We use a top box now for bedding as we have four of us and it makes more space at night (for games or wet suits etc) and in the day we put what bedding in there.

IMG_9001.JPG

We found it takes a few trips to get to find best places for things too. Recently I made some shelf dividers in the cupboard so the food tins and packets don't fall over when driving. Also places for plates and cups etc. But it's taken almost a year to figure out the best solutions. This is part of the fun for me to finish a trip and plan some small modifications for the next one.

IMG_8823.JPG

IMG_8825.JPG

Another good thing we bought was an event tent for longer trips so we always have a dry place to eat or play when we are cooking in the van.

IMG_0141.JPG

Anyway you will have lots of fun and see many nice places. Good luck.

Hi Sim C.

Good idea to test out the van before a long trip... for instance it's good to fill the trunk with the things you will take then convert to bed mode and see where everything goes. We use a top box now for bedding as we have four of us and it makes more space at night (for games or wet suits etc) and in the day we put what bedding in there.

View attachment 24406

We found it takes a few trips to get to find best places for things too. Recently I made some shelf dividers in the cupboard so the food tins and packets don't fall over when driving. Also places for plates and cups etc. But it's taken almost a year to figure out the best solutions. This is part of the fun for me to finish a trip and plan some small modifications for the next one.

View attachment 24404

View attachment 24405

Another good thing we bought was an event tent for longer trips so we always have a dry place to eat or play when we are cooking in the van.

View attachment 24407

Anyway you will have lots of fun and see many nice places. Good luck.
Lovely van looks so nice in white ,
Enjoy we only have about another 6 months to wait

Back