Waiting times

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Went to my local bike shop today.

"I want a new bike"....Certainly, look around"..."No need, this is what I want".... "oh .... we have no stock, next delivery date is Feb 2023"...

and I thought VW was bad :shocked

The world has gone mad with regards to parts supply and lead times of all things it would appear.

But there's a proxy war going on at the moment, so its wartime,
and you're complaining about not getting a new bike, you dont need one
the one you have is good enough, its not that old.:thumb

Thats the problem with your younger generation, you dont know how good you have it :D:D

But there's a proxy war going on at the moment, so its wartime,
and you're complaining about not getting a new bike, you dont need one
the one you have is good enough, its not that old.:thumb

Thats the problem with your younger generation, you dont know how good you have it :D:D

Child!

Respect your elders!!!!

Had a nightmare last night. I dreamt I went to a tailors for a new suit. The chap serving said, certainly sir, we have all the styles available, in every size and colour. Which would you like to choose sir?

Most of the bikes or bike parts come from China and of coarse China is again in lockdown. Many factories are closed for the foreseeable future. China has showed their true colours with what’s happening in Ukraine so get used to dumping China who we have pathetically relied on for cheap goods over the past 30 - 40 years. Let’s get back to manufacturing goods ourselves or at least from countries who we can trust.

Most of the bikes or bike parts come from China and of coarse China is again in lockdown. Many factories are closed for the foreseeable future. China has showed their true colours with what’s happening in Ukraine so get used to dumping China who we have pathetically relied on for cheap goods over the past 30 - 40 years. Let’s get back to manufacturing goods ourselves or at least from countries who we can trust.

In the case of this bicycle American design made in Switzerland with German parts.

I quite agree with your sentiments though. We are all guilty of placing China in a position where it can exert blackmail on the West just as Germany in particular has done with it's reliance on Russian gas and oil.

In the case of this bicycle American design made in Switzerland with German parts.

I quite agree with your sentiments though. We are all guilty of placing China in a position where it can exert blackmail on the West just as Germany in particular has done with it's reliance on Russian gas and oil.
In that case you are really knackered. But there are always alternatives.

Oops, meant to say, dead right Ozzy Pete, we need to dump China and make stuff ourselves. Personally I'd be willing to pay more for goods made in UK or Europe

Oops, meant to say, dead right Ozzy Pete, we need to dump China and make stuff ourselves. Personally I'd be willing to pay more for goods made in UK or Europe

First thing we need to demand is clarity on Chinese content. Often it's "made in England" with the left unsaid "from Chinese components".

I've gone through component by component on my "California design, Swiss made" bike and feeling fortunate for it's "Swiss made with most components sourced from Sram's Taiwanese factory".