Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wannabe Cali owner

TheM

TheM

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Been thinking (well obsessing) about owning a camper van for a while now and after some exhaustive research have taken the journey from looking at budget options to VW van conversions to Californias and have now accepted that it has to be a Cali despite the challenging price tag. Leaning towards a Beach at the moment to live the dream in along with my wife and two daughters (one 14 and one 9). The discussions in this forum have been super helpful in answering many of the same questions I had during my research so a big thanks to all the active contributors out there! Hoping to be a bonafide member of this club sometime next year.

Welcome on board , lots of info here ....you will be ordering soon...

ha ha I said two years , and ordered on Tuesday..... although all the research was invaluable and did negate a lot of conversations with the dealer ;-).... good luck

I think I may be heading the same way! Congrats on being bold enough to take the plunge.

Been thinking (well obsessing) about owning a camper van for a while now and after some exhaustive research have taken the journey from looking at budget options to VW van conversions to Californias and have now accepted that it has to be a Cali despite the challenging price tag. Leaning towards a Beach at the moment to live the dream in along with my wife and two daughters (one 14 and one 9). The discussions in this forum have been super helpful in answering many of the same questions I had during my research so a big thanks to all the active contributors out there! Hoping to be a bonafide member of this club sometime next year.

OK, so it took a little longer than I thought... After the best part of three years since my original post I finally took the plunge. A vision in Indium Grey will be delivered shortly and I can begin my California years.

OK, so it took a little longer than I thought... After the best part of three years since my original post I finally took the plunge. A vision in Indium Grey will be delivered shortly and I can begin my California years.

Congratulations! ............ as they say better late than never.

Welcome! So what is it? Ocean, Coast, Beach?

Welcome! So what is it? Ocean, Coast, Beach?

It's a Beach but it took me about 4 years to reach that conclusion! We wanted a daily driver as well as a camper and love the flexibility it gives us but may trade for an Ocean one day when I become less time poor.

Congratulations. Are you just a teensey weensey bit excited? No, didn't think so. :)

It's customary to post some snaps of your new arrival don't you know.

Congratulations! Three years - similar to us yeah, just to a long time for all the stars to align.

Enjoy!

She/he/it arrived this afternoon. We were initially socially distanced but getting to know each other much better now. I'm thinking "Grigio" but "Harvey the RV" is gaining family votes. Decisions decisions, I only hope it takes me less than three years to decide this time. Trips to the supermarket are now full of promise (if you see a shopper in the car park with the pop top up there's a good chance it's me). How excited I might get when I can actually travel and stay overnight somewhere is anyone's guess.
Grigio.JPG

Awesome. Congratulations! And enjoy. Looks good.

Sleep the night in it on your driveway. It's fun

:welcome The M

You have just made the best decision
Welcome to the beach Club, I hope you make happy memories for your fam :pinkbanana

Living in Cali town, you lucky rascal, location location location :cheers

Gosh, I hope the hand brake is on properly!

Congratulations. Your van looks lovely.

Congrats! We’ve had our beach a year now and I still get excited taking it for a drive or packing it up. It’s just awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Oh and +1 for 'Harvey the RV'. I laughed out loud.

Back