Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wannabe Beach owner

Looks like a beauty and I too enjoyed my experience with Coventry (was it Justin by any chance?).

Lots of threads about making the most of the beach on here, or feel free to just ask :) After over 2 years we've almost got camping in the beach perfected ;)

I've been meaning to add fog lights to mine since I got it but still not go around to it haha. Nice addition with the sportline front.

It was Daren we dealt with at Listers.
Sportline bumper definitely needs fog lights, the blanks just clip in the trims so fitting the lamps is easy, just the wiring to sort and I believe it is possible to get them working as factory ones would, including the cornering function.

This is the money box we received from Listers

It was Daren we dealt with at Listers.
Sportline bumper definitely needs fog lights, the blanks just clip in the trims so fitting the lamps is easy, just the wiring to sort and I believe it is possible to get them working as factory ones would, including the cornering function.
That is the part I have struggled to find details of, it does need enabling via OBD but I cant find any definite confirmation that the cornering lights work but I believe they need to go via the BCM (body control module). Let me know how you get on :)

That is the part I have struggled to find details of, it does need enabling via OBD but I cant find any definite confirmation that the cornering lights work but I believe they need to go via the BCM (body control module). Let me know how you get on :)

Probably go with this wiring loom;
https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/v...ter/t5-7e/fog-light-wiring-harness-vw-t5-2010

And I found the info to wire up via the BCM, Just the coding I need to sort, not sure if my Carista is able to do it yet. Will obviously need a new headlight switch as well.

Weirdly just found this:

Ok, just got mine working.

Pin 8 of the new headlamp switch goes to pin 7 on the black bcm connector.

On the white bcm connector:-
Pin 9 goes to the left foglight.
Pin 10 goes to the right foglight.

( with the other end of the foglights earthed).

Then you re-code the bcm to activate the foglights.

And you have foglights...
No need to provide a supply - the bcm already has one...

( I also activated the "cornering lamps", as I think this puts the fogs on when you go around a corner - but the diesel tank is still on the floor so I can bolt the seat in, so I cannot test this yet).

Interestingly, on the earlier models, the foglights were fed directly off the switch, without a relay...

Think that’s the info I found.
Just checked and ‘Cornering lights (using fog lights)’ is an option on Carista. I best get on and buy some bits and see if it works then!

Is the cruise ban the same as the turning lights one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello! We’re currently researching a new camper to replace our old T4. Not settled on a California yet, well I am but the other half wants look at a conversion. Been browsing the forum for a few months but may have some more questions to be answered.

Current ‘camper’ is a LWB T4 Caravelle, cheap pull out bed, second battery and a drive away awning. It also has a VR6 engine and auto box so fuel economy is woeful! Only sleeps two adults and a child across the cab, not much use now we have two kids so with the help of a chunk of inheritance an upgrade to something much newer is on the cards.

A California Beach is my preferred option, not sure we would make full use of the kitchen facilities in an Ocean plus we like a full width bed and the practical versatility of a van, lower initial cost appeals as well. Current T4 has been used more for furniture moving than camping recently.

Booked to have a proper look at a Beach tomorrow, my wife has reservations about the drivers side only sliding door, spoilt with twin sliders on the T4. Initially it won’t be the main car, I drive a T5 van for work and a Honda FRV does the daily stuff. My 330Ci will have to go :(

Gregg
I had the same reservations about the sliding door but after 2 weeks of daily use with kids school drop off and everyday stuff as well as a couple of nights away it’s a non-issue for us.

They often use the passenger side door- plenty of space to walk though from the back and for them it’s easier than opening amd closing the sliding door anyway.

Back