Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wanted driver for Cali and Smartie on trade plates

Zebedee

Zebedee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I’m currently laid up following a knee replacement and won’t be able to drive for at least another month and even then only small distances. That will be at least 6 weeks since they’ve been driven. Anyone have insurance or trade plates that they could come and give them a bit of a blast to keep everything ticking over? Based in SW London.

I’m currently laid up following a knee replacement and won’t be able to drive for at least another month and even then only small distances. That will be at least 6 weeks since they’ve been driven. Anyone have insurance or trade plates that they could come and give them a bit of a blast to keep everything ticking over? Based in SW London.
Hi Zeb,

Sorry to hear of your incapacity. Do you not have friends or relatives nearby that you could add as additional drivers to your insurance policies?

I wish you a fast recovery. I am confident if they vehicle stay still for 6 weeks it will be not an issue, provided your battery are already charged and in reasonable shape. Rather than going through the hassle of finding somebody to drive it around, I'd rather try to keep the battery(ies) charged with a charger if possible.

Sounds like getting a local garage to collect and take away to do some minor valeting or similar could also be an option three weeks in?

I wouldn't be overly worried if it didn't get much use over that period. Get someone to inflate the tyres and move it once to avoid flatspots and you'll probably not notice anything when you are back driving. Speedy recovery.

I had a knee replacement about 2 and a half years ago. I can assure you that you should be able to drive normally after getting signed off by your surgeon....Yes you will need a walking stick for a while. Doing your leg exercises is the most important thing even If it hurts you need to do them a number of times a day. Also going for walks is again important....Just don’t expect to play in the premier league yet.....

Back