Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

warning triangle

L

loopsut

VIP Member
Just found the warning triangle and first aid kit after three weeks of ownership,
for anybody who does not know, it's under the sink at the back.

You're more observant than me as it took me 3 years to find mine and I'd already bought another warning triangle by then!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Has everybody found the large wad of emergency cash jammed up under the sink?

:thumb

Californiaman said:
Has everybody found the large wad of emergency cash jammed up under the sink?

:thumb
That's to pay for the countless repairs :laugh2 :laugh2

Found mine, the first aid kit no cash, under the sink tonight. Little surprises all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello
I guess it is on the Face Lift only? It is not in mine, for sure.
Could somebody take a picture and share the part numbers with the other (jealous) members?
Cheers
Andrzej

All of the "part numbers" in my roll were non sequential. They all looked used..

Sorry Andresz mine is pre facelift and I have one!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

:? that kit has been given to me from the dealer and now is in the big drawer under the rear bench

now I wonder what's under my sink..... :shocked

:smile

there is a triangle and first aid kit in the little compartment in the rear left of the boot in the Beach version too in case anyone hadn't spotted it! My tow bar hook was tucked in there when the van was handed over otherwise I probably wouldn't have checked there for years!

Andresz said:
Hello
Could somebody take a picture and share the part numbers with the other (jealous) members?
Cheers
Andrzej

Yup... In my pre-face lift version. The cupboard under the cooker rings, tucked right into the small space between the cupboard and the bodywork at the top.

I'll dig out the part number tonight for it and it's rubber retaining strap.

Rgds
M

Ours lives under the drivers seat along with hivis vests, spare fuses and bulbs.
Lot easier to get at than under the sink.

SimplyDubs said:
Andresz said:
Hello
Cheers
Andrzej

Yup... In my pre-face lift version. The cupboard under the cooker rings, tucked right into the small space between the cupboard and the bodywork at the top.

I'll dig out the part number tonight for it and it's rubber retaining strap.

Rgds
M

No there under the cooker rings either, in mine.
It would be really kind of you if you get the numbers for me.
Thanks
Andrzej

maui2512 said:
there is a triangle and first aid kit in the little compartment in the rear left of the boot in the Beach version too in case anyone hadn't spotted it! My tow bar hook was tucked in there when the van was handed over otherwise I probably wouldn't have checked there for years!

Sweet will look when I get home tomorrow..... :thanks

Shaun

ROB said:
mine is missing,

only owned it 4 years !

I think the warning triangle was an option with new california

i have one in cupboard under sink, never used it but i have a 2 in rear pocket of front seat. some eu countries you need 2

Andresz said:
Here are a couple of pictures of the bag, which seems to have VW part n° 7E0.860.252 & of the strap (no part n°).
bag1_zpse0e8f5d3.jpg
bag2_zpsb5890cb3.jpg
strap_zps30cc459d.jpg

When I ordered my Cali last year, I added the option of Warning Triangle + First-Aid Kit.
I duly found a big blue bag in the boot with those items.
Only later did I grovel under the sink & find the second red bag strapped to the bodywork there & also containing warning triangle & first-aid kit...

The under-sink bag certainly took up zero useful space, but was hardly convenient or even obvious to anybody in an emergency, so I now have 2 triangles in a transparent plastic box in the boot.

Attachments

• bag1_zpse0e8f5d3.jpg
    bag1_zpse0e8f5d3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 3
  • bag2_zpsb5890cb3.jpg
    bag2_zpsb5890cb3.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 3
  • strap_zps30cc459d.jpg
    strap_zps30cc459d.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 3
Just sold the wife's Golf and took the First Aid kit and the triangle out for use in another car and noticed the First Aid kit has an expiry date of 2008-1 - I'm guessing that's what the egg timer symbol means. Given the kit was purchased from VW in about 2005 this suggests an intended shelf life of three years. It is all sealed so I'm sure it will be ok.

Is there an expiry date on the Cali First Aid kit?

Andy

Just checked mine a 2014 Cali and yes there is one there, when I went through the check list when we picked it up the dealer said they do not do them anymore!! and thought no more of it. I wonder what else I will find

Pete Wilkins said:
Just checked mine a 2014 Cali and yes there is one there, when I went through the check list when we picked it up the dealer said they do not do them anymore!! and thought no more of it. I wonder what else I will find

the jack behind the bench seat?