Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warranty work - new steering

willwander

willwander

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just got the van back, had noisy groan coming from power steering especially on full lock, VW were very good and have replaced the entire steering system under warranty, everything! including pump, steering rack absolutely everything. turns out a pump? Had failed and they were worried it had spit iron filing’s from failed pump into everything.

First bit of warranty work I’ve had done since 2019, no doubt would have cost a fortune otherwise.

Just got the van back, had noisy groan coming from power steering especially on full lock, VW were very good and have replaced the entire steering system under warranty, everything! including pump, steering rack absolutely everything. turns out a pump? Had failed and they were worried it had spit iron filing’s from failed pump into everything.

First bit of warranty work I’ve had done since 2019, no doubt would have cost a fortune otherwise.
Had mine replaced also 19 plate last year only 5k miles all seems fine now good luck

Had mine replaced also 19 plate last year only 5k miles all seems fine now good luck
VW were very quick to diagnose and suggest full replacement, wonder if they were aware of a bad batch.

VW were very quick to diagnose and suggest full replacement, wonder if they were aware of a bad batch.
Yes mine was diagnosed very quickly however had a 2 week wait for replacement parts with no van

Yes mine was diagnosed very quickly however had a 2 week wait for replacement parts with no van
I had to wait a week, but they gave me a brand new caddy to drive about in the meantime, nice little van actually, grew quite fond of it.

What were the symptoms?
Mine didn’t loose fluid, just made a low whining, droning noise when using power steering like the pump was working much harder than it should have been.

Back