Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waste Water Extension Hose

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Does anyone carry an extension for their waste water? It'd be much easier for me to empty at home if I could just extend the waste by a couple of metres.

Does anyone carry an extension for their waste water? It'd be much easier for me to empty at home if I could just extend the waste by a couple of metres.
No, and not that easy to fit.

I've never looked but surely it's just a case of a bit of hose clamped on to a protruding stub of pipe under the van?

Emptying the waste is the only job I do know how to do, I can remember to do it as I drive down my street, I pull up with the back wheel in a road drain and climb in the back and release.
For someone who forgets everything I think having done it a couple of times the place triggers my long term memory. I'll be in the nursing home telling people how to do it.

Sounds like you have tried.
no, just looked. i just open the tap at home when washing the van. cannot be bothered getting under the vehicle. Normally use the camping site facilities.

Hi, push a small pipe up the drain pipe and seal tight. use a johns guest ( 15 mm ) straight speed fitting pushed on to the stub,then you can connect a 15 mm hose into the drain and when packed up just quickly release the drain hose with the other fittings left for the next outing. Hope this helps.

Mapman.

Just an idea.... If the drainpipe is a 1/2 or 3/4" hose, you can try to connect this part from Gardena:
wp_ss_20170406_0001.png

Then use this connector:
wp_ss_20170406_0002.png

And connect your extensionhose with another coupling:
wp_ss_20170406_0003 (2).png

......or just open the valve on your way home!

Just use campsite , or special draining places at camperspots during trips .
At home just put your Cali above the sewer / manhole and drain the tank.

Acually it is forbidden to drain it on the public road so @sidepod his idea you better not do.
You could put a plastic wash up bowl under it and collect the water if there's no manhole in on your drive.
At campsites you see many campers use this method while parked up long time to prevent the waste watertank to fill up.

Back