Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water drainage issue

Darren Durham

Darren Durham

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, wonder if someone can help!.

Recently bought a Cali and have been testing everything prior to first trip. I put some water in to test sink and shower connector and all good.

When I turn the tap to drain water started appearing from everywhere!! not sure if this is the usual behaviour. I located the hole and wondered if there should be a pipe coming out to direct water out of the van?

Anyway hope this makes sense and I am not asking a dumb question.

Thanks
Darren

Sorry I just had a search on the forum!! should have done that before posting :talktothehand it seems from a similar thread that this is normal but nevertheless odd!!

Hi, wonder if someone can help!.

Recently bought a Cali and have been testing everything prior to first trip. I put some water in to test sink and shower connector and all good.

When I turn the tap to drain water started appearing from everywhere!! not sure if this is the usual behaviour. I located the hole and wondered if there should be a pipe coming out to direct water out of the van?

Anyway hope this makes sense and I am not asking a dumb question.

Thanks
Darren
Completely normal. Water tank drains onto one of the underside protection panels so drips out wherever depending on the vehicle position, nose up or down position. Keeps th3 tank drain clean.
Only the Waste tank has a directed drain.

Thanks very much, looks very strange the first time you see it :)

Sorry I just had a search on the forum!! should have done that before posting :talktothehand it seems from a similar thread that this is normal but nevertheless odd!!

You will find out that 9/10 questions are answerd if you do a quick search on the forum .
It does looks scary the first time you open the drainvalve on the fresh watertank seeing water coming from all sides under the Cali!
The waste water does runs out smooth from a pipe on the lefthand side under the Cali about where the fridge is located.

Completely normal. Water tank drains onto one of the underside protection panels so drips out wherever depending on the vehicle position, nose up or down position. Keeps th3 tank drain clean.
Only the Waste tank has a directed drain.
I was really pleased to see that on the latest t6s there's an actual pipe exit from under the panels so it doesn't just dribble down like before.

I was really pleased to see that on the latest t6s there's an actual pipe exit from under the panels so it doesn't just dribble down like before.

We have just filled the fresh water for the first time in our new t6 (only had it a week) and ours does not have an actual pipe exit from under the panels, we water just sort of dribbled down, so are we missing something?

On ours there's a neat pipe exit on the grey water but not the fresh water. So, as others have said, if you drain the fresh water tank it splurts all over the place, but, since it's clean water, I suppose it doesn't matter too much! Still a bit strange that they didn't tidy this up.

That’s not true: I was shocked that our water came out by the towbar as well but a quick check on here put my mind at rest. It’s better if you remove the filler cap.