Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water filter in GC?

DonGraham

DonGraham

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Wondered in anyone has fitted a water filter in a GC? We use van tank water for tea and coffee, brushing teeth etc and as it is a fairly new van all seems to taste ok.
In our previous caravan a water filter was fitted within the pump housing and I was surprised that there is nothing in the GC.
I understand about adding chmicals to the tank to clean and purify it, but when I did that with the caravan water system, (aquaroll and pipe flush), there was always a slight taste of chemical for a while. Is there a chemical which avoids this?
There may be threads already on this subject, but the search facility seems to be in "Ooops mode" just now, so interested regarding thoughts....

I transferred the Guzzle H20 led UV & 5” carbon filter unit from my Hilux to our GC. They are mega expensive now. i am sure one could source other 12v UV units and carbon filter units.
the advantage of the 5” carbon filter unit is i can fit it above water tank. The more common 10” filter housings would the too tall.
i only have the filter and uv for the kitchen tap cold water feed though. since it reduces water pressure and could have reduced pressure for shower too much

Back