Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water pump blowing fuse

A

Alandval

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
My water pump is blowing 5 amp fuse. Is it the pump or is it the tap. Any ideas or suggestions to test either would be very welcome.

I would put money on the pump sticking or stuck.
Remove the lid from the water tank put your hand in pull the pump out
And see if the impellor is stuck if it is that's your problem.

Word from VW is that if not used frequently the pump,can get stuck ...so if you don't use the Cali during say the wintertime , once a while go and test it....the same on the aux- heater ....
I could be the tap itself also , but think the pump,is weakest point.
Changing the pump is easy ( done it) the tap is hader to replace i guess( never done it)

My water pump is blowing 5 amp fuse. Is it the pump or is it the tap. Any ideas or suggestions to test either would be very welcome.
Word from VW is that if not used frequently the pump,can get stuck ...so if you don't use the Cali during say the wintertime , once a while go and test it....the same on the aux- heater ....
I could be the tap itself also , but think the pump,is weakest point.
Changing the pump is easy ( done it) the tap is hader to replace i guess( never done it)
Thanks guys, have removed tap and top of tank. Isolated pump and put 12 volt supply direct on pump. Pump whirls a treat. Have put continuity test on tap and it is difinitely switching. I have just thought there is a possibility 12 volt directly on to pump no five amp fuse might have freed it. Impelor was free already. I am going to put it all through the fuse now to see what happens. Thanks again.