Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water pump - constant whirring sound

Luigi1

Luigi1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Just got my Cali back after some kitchen unit work. There was no water coming through when I tested the tap. Found a rolled up clear cable on top of the water tank/sensor set up - unclipped so reconnected it. The tap worked but the pump constantly made a whirring sound after I turned the tap off and kept on making the noise without stopping so I disconnected it again. The van is new and still in warranty but just making sure I haven’t missed something simple before I go through the rigmarole of taking it to a dealership
Thanks

I would say , best bring it back in situ as you recieved the Cali and let them sort it out in warrenty . If they see you have been connecting things they might blame you ....
The one who did the repair job should have deliverd the Cali in working order.

Just got my Cali back after some kitchen unit work. There was no water coming through when I tested the tap. Found a rolled up clear cable on top of the water tank/sensor set up - unclipped so reconnected it. The tap worked but the pump constantly made a whirring sound after I turned the tap off and kept on making the noise without stopping so I disconnected it again. The van is new and still in warranty but just making sure I haven’t missed something simple before I go through the rigmarole of taking it to a dealership
Thanks

Either the wires have just been connected the wrong way round, so the tap switch has been bypassed, or, the micro switch in the the tap has broken (which might explain why it was disconnected).

Back