Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

WATER PUMP - ELECTRICAL CONNECTION

B

bramfield

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I have VW California SE 2015 Model. Sink Tap not working. Fuse not blown, so replaced tap. Tap still not working so thought I'd check pump. Eventually managed to remove Water Tank Lid after purchasing Water Tank Lid Opening Tool. Fiddled with impeller to see if pump would work. It does not. Purchased new pump which comes with red and black wires but no electrical push-fit connector. Can see that old pump is terminated (blue and brown wires) into a push fit connector (see photo). Does anyone know what type of push fit two pin VAG electrical connector block this is and where I can purchase it. are they easy to fit and do I need yet more special tools! Many thanks in advance.

IMG_4763.JPG

I have VW California SE 2015 Model. Sink Tap not working. Fuse not blown, so replaced tap. Tap still not working so thought I'd check pump. Eventually managed to remove Water Tank Lid after purchasing Water Tank Lid Opening Tool. Fiddled with impeller to see if pump would work. It does not. Purchased new pump which comes with red and black wires but no electrical push-fit connector. Can see that old pump is terminated (blue and brown wires) into a push fit connector (see photo). Does anyone know what type of push fit two pin VAG electrical connector block this is and where I can purchase it. are they easy to fit and do I need yet more special tools! Many thanks in advance.

View attachment 94055
Use these connectors. Cut off the VW pump connector and bare the wires 5mm or so. Halfords, Amazon, hardware shop.

Connect Brown to Black and Red to Blue

BC65A4B2-236E-4007-99AB-7096BFCDE86A.jpeg

Use these connectors. Cut off the VW pump connector and bare the wires 5mm or so. Halfords, Amazon, hardware shop.

Connect Brown to Black and Red to Blue

View attachment 94057
Many thanks WelshGas. I'm trying to avoid using chocolate box connector blocks if at all possible and use the proprietary connector connector (male I think). I managed to do this when I replaced the gooseneck light, but the water pump has a different VAG connector (of course!)

Many thanks WelshGas. I'm trying to avoid using chocolate box connector blocks if at all possible and use the proprietary connector connector (male I think). I managed to do this when I replaced the gooseneck light, but the water pump has a different VAG connector (of course!)
I suppose you could use the old plug , either dismantle or connect new to old wires by soldering and cover in shrink wrap.
If your hoping to get a replacement connector you might be without water for a while.

I suppose you could use the old plug , either dismantle or connect new to old wires by soldering and cover in shrink wrap.
If your hoping to get a replacement connector you might be without water for a while.
Thanks. I know from experience that these types of plugs don't like being dismantled hence why I am trying to get a new one. We've managed without the water tank for a while now so no great hardship, but would like an eventual fix.

I dismantled mine when I replaced the pump on our van. From what I recall, the pump's end has a lid that can be opened up and you can pull the wires out. Then I used a couple of "spades" from some waterproof plugs I had laying around and pushed those in and closed the lid. It's not perfect, but I didn't want to cut the other end and replace the whole plug just yet. Here's a link

https://medium.com/@maxi-mizer/fix-vw-california-ocean-coast-kitchen-water-issues-43a19d0d893a

I'll update this thread as I complete the detailed step-by-step guides for each of the problems I've had so far (feel free to drop by that article and give me some claps and comments for motivation!)

Sorry, that link goes to a guide to help people identify which problem they have, to avoid replacing stuff that isn't broken, as a lot of people seem to be pushed to replacing the tap or the pump when that is not actually the problem. I must have pasted the link over part of my post and I don't seem to be able to edit it.

Back