Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water pump

R

Richard Braun

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
2015 Cali Pump behaved erratically for a few days then stopped. Tank has water. Any ideas for a non techie person based in Ireland?

2015 Cali Pump behaved erratically for a few days then stopped. Tank has water. Any ideas for a non techie person based in Ireland?
Remove top drawer R Kitchen cupboard.
Locate the wires coming from the tap and follow them around sink to the right. There is a connector wrapped in foam. Disconnect connector. Open tap. Bridge the connector, not the tap side, with a paper clip or similar.
If water flows, problem with tap.
If no water, problem with pump.
If no water check the 5 amp fuses under passenger seat RHD.
Swivel seat through 90o and slide seat back towards kitchen. Fuses in front. Visual check may not be enough, check with Multimeter or by swapping with new fuse.
If fuse blown, replace and repeat test with tap connector.

If there is a shower connection you don’t have to do the disconnecting do you? I read that if you leave the tap in the open position then turn the shower switch on then if water comes out of the tap it’s the micro switch. Is this correct Mr Welshgas? My tap is playing up, working sometimes then not working other times. Sometimes takes a few mins of turning tap on and off. I’m going to try the Shower connection method when I get the chance.

If there is a shower connection you don’t have to do the disconnecting do you? I read that if you leave the tap in the open position then turn the shower switch on then if water comes out of the tap it’s the micro switch. Is this correct Mr Welshgas? My tap is playing up, working sometimes then not working other times. Sometimes takes a few mins of turning tap on and off. I’m going to try the Shower connection method when I get the chance.
If you have a OEM shower, yes.

Its very easy to replace, cheap too at the most it will cost you 20€
Unscrew the water tank lid and you'll see it.
There's an electrical chock block that you have to connect to and a
hosepipe to push onto the new pump.
The same pump that Vw use is a Comet one.

shopping.jpeg

If the shower works. It's the tap.

I looked at a 2015 and it had one. Not too sure when they became an option on Calis

Remove top drawer R Kitchen cupboard.
Locate the wires coming from the tap and follow them around sink to the right. There is a connector wrapped in foam. Disconnect connector. Open tap. Bridge the connector, not the tap side, with a paper clip or similar.
If water flows, problem with tap.
If no water, problem with pump.
If no water check the 5 amp fuses under passenger seat RHD.
Swivel seat through 90o and slide seat back towards kitchen. Fuses in front. Visual check may not be enough, check with Multimeter or by swapping with new fuse.
If fuse blown, replace and repeat test with tap connector.
Friendly mechanic had a look and identified pump fault. He said will try to fix it before finding replacement. Limited suppllers in Ireland and Cali club shop doesn’t ship small orders outside U.K. thanks to a word I won’t use.

Friendly mechanic had a look and identified pump fault. He said will try to fix it before finding replacement. Limited suppllers in Ireland and Cali club shop doesn’t ship small orders outside U.K. thanks to a word I won’t use.
There are a number of makes you can use as a replacement as this type is common to most caravans and motorhomes.

Back