Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water tank issue

Willshake

Willshake

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I’m a newbie 680 owner with a water tank problem!
Having filled the water tank full ( water spilling out of filler neck) I traveled to first site. It was a cold evening 3c . I went out for a couple of hours and on returning found a completely discharged tank.
Is this the safety system kicking in and if so can it be avoided?

Having filled the water tank full ( water spilling out of filler neck) I traveled to first site. It was a cold evening 3c . I went out for a couple of hours and on returning found a completely discharged tank.
Welcome. Yes the Truma will dump the water if the temp falls below 3degrees ish.
You’ll need to get the interior warm and reset the trip via the flap on the side of the rear bench seat.
Ideally you would warm the vehicle up using the electric (or gas/diesel) heating before filling the water tank. This is standard Truma behaviour and not unique to the Grand.
Alternatively get to where you’re going and chances are the cabin is warm. By them from driving and having some heat, then fill your water tank up. However if you let the inside temp drop down it will dump the water again.

Welcome. Yes the Truma will dump the water if the temp falls below 3degrees ish.
You’ll need to get the interior warm and reset the trip via the flap on the side of the rear bench seat.
Ideally you would warm the vehicle up using the electric (or gas/diesel) heating before filling the water tank. This is standard Truma behaviour and not unique to the Grand.
Alternatively get to where you’re going and chances are the cabin is warm. By them from driving and having some heat, then fill your water tank up. However if you let the inside temp drop down it will dump the water again.
Is this still an issue? and can it be over ridden as the water tank is under the bed isn’t it?

Is this still an issue? and can it be over ridden as the water tank is under the bed isn’t it?
It is “still an issue”:as far as it is standard behaviour for the Truma frost protection valve fitted to countless motorhomes and caravans.
The frost protection valve is under the bench seat. And it will open if the temp drops below a few degrees. If you are using the van and have it heated then it really isn’t a problem, if you’re not using the van and have water left in it, it is there to protect the boiler and pipes from freezing and subsequent damage.
You can “override” it by sticking a peg on it (loosely speaking) if you really want to.

It is “still an issue”:as far as it is standard behaviour for the Truma frost protection valve fitted to countless motorhomes and caravans.
The frost protection valve is under the bench seat. And it will open if the temp drops below a few degrees. If you are using the van and have it heated then it really isn’t a problem, if you’re not using the van and have water left in it, it is there to protect the boiler and pipes from freezing and subsequent damage.
You can “override” it by sticking a peg on it (loosely speaking) if you really want to.
Thanks, will have to see how it goes. Wild camping could be fun

Surely you will keep the van warmer than 5 degrees whilst you wild camp in the winter? Heating on low, perfect!
Just when we are out for the day and back in the afternoon/evening. Can it be left on when you away from the van? Not a good idea I’d imagine even if you can

Just when we are out for the day and back in the afternoon/evening. Can it be left on when you away from the van? Not a good idea I’d imagine even if you can
Why would you not leave the heater on all day? It will only consume some fuel. Just not put it on maximum.

Why would you not leave the heater on all day? It will only consume some fuel. Just not put it on maximum.
Didn’t know you could. We don’t have our van yet. But if you can we will

Please change vehicle on your profile, it says T6 ocean

Back