Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

water under kitchen sink

jts46

jts46

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
cold water pipe from pump is being forced out of tap assembly under sink when tap switched on, I have tried to push pipe back into tap assembly but it doesn't seem to click back in. Anybody know the answer please.
Part numbers etc would be helpful?
See photos.Tap.JPGMale connector.JPGFemale connector.JPG

cold water pipe from pump is being forced out of tap assembly under sink when tap switched on, I have tried to push pipe back into tap assembly but it doesn't seem to click back in. Anybody know the answer please.
Part numbers etc would be helpful?
See photos.View attachment 83840View attachment 83841View attachment 83842
@jts46 , while you search for the parts, can you try removing the black plastic at the mouth of the tap and see if the plug stays in place? is something preventing the water from flowing through? Is it popping out because of back pressure.

Otherwise it may be a replacement tap.

If I remember correctly, when you buy a new tap, that white elbow part
is already fixed into it. Well it was one the one that I got for about 35€

559_1.jpeg

@WelshGas thank you for info
@kurienp thanks for the info but white elbow will not push in and hold, I will try as you suggested thank you
@westfalia do you happen to know the part number for tap,, asking because your Cali is about same vintage as miine

Thank you all I will pursue the advice given tomorrow and get back to thread.

@WelshGas thank you for info
@kurienp thanks for the info but white elbow will not push in and hold, I will try as you suggested thank you
@westfalia do you happen to know the part number for tap,, asking because your Cali is about same vintage as miine

Thank you all I will pursue the advice given tomorrow and get back to thread.
I don't know the part number, but I know that the tap is made by -RK Reich.

I stuck -vw Wasserhahn reich- in google and 88k popped up.

I didn't buy of these, this is just an example.

@westfalia , is there a screw in there?

View attachment 83855

Maybe it is not pushfit but held there by a screw? seems to be one on the other side as well.
I thought it was one of those things that you can't DIY
so I just slung the old one in the landfill bin.

If I didn't have a pot to wee wee in I would've looked into getting
it working again.
You're now giving me guilt trip about the crap throw away
society that I sometimes live in.

working again.

@jts46 - you should be able to remove that plastic nut at the bottom and pull the tap out. With the tap out, see if there is place for two screws to hold the white plastic piece in place (it may not be a click fit). If yes, then all you need will be the two screws (if it is a screw fit based on the post just above).

Do update :thumb

@WelshGas , @westfalia , @kurienp ,
Tap removed this AM, no screw holes I'm afraid see new photos.
I am unsure what the spring does as this slides into base of tap, when this is inserted it pushes the water feed angled piece out under pressure from water.
I was thinking of removing spring as it does not effect the operation of the tap and glueing the angled piece into body of tap
Any idea of adhesive to use? I was thinking of using araldite
4th photo shows spring removed
5th photo with spring in situ
Tap with spring removed.JPG

IMG_7823.JPG

IMG_7827.JPG

IMG_7829.JPG

IMG_7830.JPG

@WelshGas , @westfalia , @kurienp ,
Tap removed this AM, no screw holes I'm afraid see new photos.
I am unsure what the spring does as this slides into base of tap, when this is inserted it pushes the water feed angled piece out under pressure from water.
I was thinking of removing spring as it does not effect the operation of the tap and glueing the angled piece into body of tap
Any idea of adhesive to use? I was thinking of using araldite
4th photo shows spring removed
5th photo with spring in situ
View attachment 83873

View attachment 83874

View attachment 83875

View attachment 83876

View attachment 83877
Does the spring push against anything inside? If no, then I would also use it without the spring. My choice would also be araldite. Also, if you have a small O ring, put one more in the lower gap. Just to ensure double protection against any leakage.

1630582678110.png

Does the spring push against anything inside? If no, then I would also use it without the spring. My choice would also be araldite. Also, if you have a small O ring, put one more in the lower gap. Just to ensure double protection against any leakage.

View attachment 83878
Spring does not push against anything inside I will go to screw fix and buy some "o" rings for £12 rather than spend £53 for new tap assembly and araldite it in
Thank you all for your help

Tap reassembled and angled piece glued with araldite, refitted and tested now ok.
No idea what spring does, but removed, also fitted an extra o ring as suggested

Back