Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water Water Everywhere!!

The Mighty Pauls

The Mighty Pauls

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi everyone!!

We’ve recently had some torrential rain down here in Bristol and I mean biblical!!

The wife got in the van the other day (2014 SE 140) and as she pulled away loads of water suddenly dumped out of where the interior light fittings are next to the rear view mirror.

It was probably a cupload and spilled straight into the stereo (which has been acting very strangely since).

I checked the seal to the pop top and it looks fine (no gap or corrosion) but thinking about it - where the water came out would mean the ingress could have occurred further forward - perhaps the windscreen seal (which looks fine also).

Just wondering if it could just be an anomaly- the van happened to be parked at since an angle that the driving rain (and I mean DRIVING) got in somehow?

Or could there be an issue with my seal? Could it have got in under th poptop and just made its way further forward?

Anyone else had any similar occurrences?

Would really appreciate any advice on what to do next.

Very best wishes.

TTP
Bristol

That’s great - many thanks for that.

Do you know where I look and what I do? Apologies - not particularly handy!!

Cheers.
TTP

Many thanks for that Welsh Gas - I will take a look when it stops raining!!

To my knowledge, the Cali hasn't had any corrosion repair...

All the best

I got in mine a couple of weeks ago and the front end of the ceiling was soaked all the way across the van. A bit of scrolling on those roof drain threads and i found mine were completely blocked.

Poked them very gently with a Q-tip at first, but didn't want to force the dirt down... in the end I found one of my kids water pistols and took aim. Shot repeatedly at the hole and flushed it out until it made a load gurgling sound... Job done and had fun doing it... win win! :thumb

Have had pretty much continuous rain here since and not a drop has come in the van :) Just need to work out how to get rid of the water stain now :talktothehand

I got in mine a couple of weeks ago and the front end of the ceiling was soaked all the way across the van. A bit of scrolling on those roof drain threads and i found mine were completely blocked.

Poked them very gently with a Q-tip at first, but didn't want to force the dirt down... in the end I found one of my kids water pistols and took aim. Shot repeatedly at the hole and flushed it out until it made a load gurgling sound... Job done and had fun doing it... win win! :thumb

Have had pretty much continuous rain here since and not a drop has come in the van :) Just need to work out how to get rid of the water stain now :talktothehand
This might help - https://motor.onehowto.com/article/how-to-clean-car-roof-lining-881.html

Back