Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waterproof seat covers for a T6 7-seater Beach ?

LongBay Beach

LongBay Beach

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I wonder if anyone can advise me whether it's possible to buy a set of waterproof seat covers that will fit a T6 Beach with seven seats?
I've looked at the Inka website, but can't seem to find any that look like they will fit a T6. In particular, the ones that say they are for the California second row single seat don't appear (in the picture) to have the required gap for the seatbelt mounting on the top of the seat? And they appear to be sold out of most stock?
Apologies if i'm being stupid (it's not unusual), but i've only just collected the Cali and I won't allow the kids or dogs in it until that light grey upholstery is suitably protected !!
Any suggestions / alternatives gratefully received.
Thanks

I wonder if anyone can advise me whether it's possible to buy a set of waterproof seat covers that will fit a T6 Beach with seven seats?
I've looked at the Inka website, but can't seem to find any that look like they will fit a T6. In particular, the ones that say they are for the California second row single seat don't appear (in the picture) to have the required gap for the seatbelt mounting on the top of the seat? And they appear to be sold out of most stock?
Apologies if i'm being stupid (it's not unusual), but i've only just collected the Cali and I won't allow the kids or dogs in it until that light grey upholstery is suitably protected !!
Any suggestions / alternatives gratefully received.
Thanks
The thing is, who are you keeping the seat upholstery pristine for?

Obviously if you allow wet muddy dogs all over the seats then some waterproof cover might be useful. I'm sure there are some Universal type ones for the bench seat - which has No Air Bags but all the others must have provision for Seat Belts and Air Bags if applicable.

Otherwise Blankets/micro-fibre towels do the job just as well and Autoglym Interior Shampoo as and when.

I recently fitted a full set of Inka waterproof seat covers into our new T6 seven seat Beach. I bought them from Nick at Comfortz Leisure Ltd and excellent they are too. They are a very good fit and have been purpose made to fit the seven seat T6 Beach and Caravelle. We mostly use our van as a people carrier (well grandchildren carrier mostly). IMO with little ones these covers are essential unless you don't mind your seats being continually messed up. We also bought waterproof mattress covers for the same reason.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
These covers can be removed and washed to return them back to as new condition but for most spills and mud etc, we just wipe them off with wet wipes. If youv'e got dogs or kids then for the small amount that they cost they are, IMO, a no brainer.
They are also designed to accommodate the seat air bags.

Last edited:
Good point WelshGas, i've got to get over my fear of the interior getting mucky, but with two 8 & 10 yr old boys and two 1yr old dogs i'm a nervous wreck :Nailbiting. I've just ordered a job lot of Scotchgard to at least give them some initial protection until I sort some covers out.

Thanks for the pics Borris, they look exactly what i'm after. Problem is I can't see them anywhere on Comfortz web site, nor on the Inka one. I emailed Inka a week ago but have had no reply, i'll give Comfortz a try.

Good point WelshGas, i've got to get over my fear of the interior getting mucky, but with two 8 & 10 yr old boys and two 1yr old dogs i'm a nervous wreck :Nailbiting. I've just ordered a job lot of Scotchgard to at least give them some initial protection until I sort some covers out.

Thanks for the pics Borris, they look exactly what i'm after. Problem is I can't see them anywhere on Comfortz web site, nor on the Inka one. I emailed Inka a week ago but have had no reply, i'll give Comfortz a try.
Give Nick at Comfortz a ring. He will sort you out.
It's purely my opinion, but why pay £45K+ for a new Beach or any other vehicle for that matter, only to let your dogs and/or kids slowly trash the interior? These covers are not expensive, are easy to clean and will preserve the condition your lovely Cali.

I'm not precious over the condition of the seats as it would be a good excuse to get them retrimmed in leather :)

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Back