Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wax/Polish the rear panel T4 Cali Exclusive

danielsky

danielsky

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi All, Looking for some recommendation on how to wax the rear panel on the T4 California Exclusive which is made in composite construction (GRP). Can I use standard wax like the Autoglym Super Resin Polish or could it damage the surface? Thanks

Autoglym is fine. Crack on.

It's simply a clearcoat, so same approach/treatment is fine.

GRP warms up faster though, so if using a rotary polisher or similar - be mindful of working an area too long. It's easier than metalic bodywork to overheat and marr the clearcoat.

It's simply a clearcoat, so same approach/treatment is fine.

GRP warms up faster though, so if using a rotary polisher or similar - be mindful of working an area too long. It's easier than metalic bodywork to overheat and marr the clearcoat.
Thanks for explanation. I'll be doing it by hand so the overheat shouldn't be a problem but good to know :)
I guess same goes for the highroof but it will take some time to polish

Clay it first for best results.

I polish the whole care, same product; don't forget the high top, can be messy after some time. I wax it 2 à 3 times per year.
Have fun up there :cool:

I polish the whole care, same product; don't forget the high top, can be messy after some time. I wax it 2 à 3 times per year.
Thanks, I'll definitely do the high top just need to get some ladder first :)

Hey @BrugseB , liking the lights with the extra trim - where did you find them?
Cheers, Matt.
1592907367218.png

Back