Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Week long France trip in October

JCinvisible

JCinvisible

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
We have a week in October free and we’re hoping to head to France. Looking for any ideas of itineraries that people have done in a week in October. Travelling from UK.

Thanks folks

I am actually open to suggestion, travelling from the West of Scotland down.

I am actually open to suggestion, travelling from the West of Scotland down.
That's a trip to the Ferry. Personally I would drive to Portsmouth, Plymouth or Poole and take an overnight ferry to Northern France to tour Brittany or Atlantic coastal area. A Ferry cabin, sleep and then sorted for day 1.

Your about 1 1/2 hours further north. We used Dover to Calais, Dover to Dunkirk and Newhaven to Dieppe, it depends what your goal is, it's a good day to get from up here to the port(s), therefore it's another day back, Dover to Calais or Dunkirk isn't long enough to unwind, if going to Normandy I'd go Newhaven to Dieppe nighttime sailing, no queues, quiet ISH port nice Aires from Dieppe and turn right for Bayeux, Caen and that area

Mont St.Michelle is a must and will be quiet in October.

Poole - Cherbourg ferry ; DDay beaches from North ; Maisey battery to various landing Beaches and Mulbery harbour, villages along the way to the south etc , cut inland to Bayeux Tappestry / DDay Museum, over to Mont St.Michelle and nearby coastal towns out to St.Malo & back !

That’s a weeks worth of entertainment and plenty to distract you along the way :cheers

We're making a similar trip from Edinburgh for half-term. Thinking of focusing on Paris, staying at the Huttopia near Versailles, but spending a night or two going/coming from Calais area with WW1/2 sites, e.g., the Vimy Memorial.

We're travelling to Bordeaux for 4 nights and then onto Hossegor for another 4 nights before returning. One night stopover either end of the holiday in AirBNBs for ease and a Dover-Calais crossing with DFDS