Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Westfalia Club Joker on sale in UK

redstar said:
I have toured in all sorts of VW 'camper' and apparently now 'motor home'.
From home brews, to karmann gypsy's, devons et al... and now my exclusive.

I cannot say they are ugly, they are unusual yes, but ugly no.
Practical? yes... but only if you wish to use one for camping / touring in relative
comfort. I have no desire to keep moving 'stuff' around the van to allow me to use
that space.

Bit babbly I know but just a few thoughts.

My van is a VW Westfalia California Exclusive, not just a westy; it says CALIFORNIA
on it.

Cant really see the eliteist views from poptop owners on here thinking that there
van is in someway superiour..... I honestly thought that given average ages of owners
here that playground 'banter' would be a minimal and advice given to all comers.....

If you dont want, or like the 'poorer element', say so.

No one said their van was better, all campers in all shapes and sizes suit a number of people. I love the Westys - the different designs, the different layouts, they are fantastic.

James

you may be interested in this piece I did for VW Bus 4/5+ mag a few months back
I called it a mini motorhome!

ah sorry see next post had to convert file from pdf to jpg and resize it!

Attachments

• Rear View_proof2.pdf
    281.5 KB · Views: 44
David.

Thanks for posting that, that's what I was trying to explain here. That they are aimed at two different markets even if they appear to be camping vehicles.

James.

sorry i've been away and missed some interesting points and threads ,but i'm sure i'll catchup ... :bananadance

i did like this one that someone put :

For me the distinction is about as simple as:

Campervan = "camping in a van" I.e. sleep, sit, cook, change but no wash/loo facility, like a tent but all self contained in the 'van.

Motorhome = all the elements you would want from a home that you can drive around. Full kitchen, loo, shower, bed, seating etc.

Not really on topic sorry guys ,but hubert made a little PS ....about newbie's juniors vip's elite members etc etc.....and maybe being slightly snobbery ...

I think you may find that some don't want to become a full paid member ,so will stay as a certain type of member and vip does mean you've paid the member fee and other members may show different things to show you that they have/are contributing more in all different ways to the club/forum ...
I don't think it's snobbery ,as you'll find alot of forums have different rankings for their members that spend more time in contributing to the forum and if they are paid up members .
You'll find this more in the bigger forums ,but i don't think any of them would class it as snobbery ,as i'm a rank 1 STAR on the citroen Berlingo forum and would just class that as just joining and not spending much time on the forum ,as i may only use for general help with the car and not like the cali forum where i use it for alot more than just tech talk ...

sorry again for being off topic admin :oops:

Just bumping this as the VWCampersales banner with the Westfalia ad keeps showing up on the banner at the top of the screen and the Club Joker is an interesting alternative to the two California models and worthy of updated discussion. There is also an elevating roof version of the Joker.

You won't save any money over the Cali, but you will get a loo and washroom.

i thought vw campersales stocked the westfalia joker?

I 've looked at it on you tube and think I prefer my old Exclusive.... is that just misplaced sentimentality.... ?? Looking at the lay out and other things I just didn't warm to it... but I'm all for a high top even if it isn't the most cool thing to drive... I don't shiver in it, I can stand up in it ... the separate sections as said before are very practical... love it... I was never kool and am still unspoilt by progress!

Back