Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What about a 'Touring' page?

J

joeaguilar

Dear all fellow Cali owners,
I was recently thinking about all the great tours that we all undertake and was just wondering if we could have a section for 'personal tours' on this website.
Cali owners who have toured a particular area / country and would want to post their experiences and/or photos would certainly add a great dimension to this forum.
Over time this might even serve as a bit of a datatbase that we other like minded Cali owners can refer to. Such as trips to say the North of Italy. Maybe this could be split up into coutries and parts of the UK? So what do you all think? Might this work.... :D

Joe

Joe we do also have a touring section. :thumb

Look on the Board Index for Having Fun With Your California and the first section is Touring.

John

Ok, had a look - hmmm.... not quite what I was looking for.
I was hoping more along the lines of posting a real photographic record of your hols with advice on sites/aires/stopovers etc... what's good to visit, what's best avoided, what things cost.
Something a little more in-depth...
I also am a member of a Spanish Cali site which has a similar format, but with said section included - we visited Holland earlier in the year and we learnt a lot from one persons documented 'detailed' posting on their similar trip.
This will give you a flavour...

http://www.furgovw.org/index.php?topic=166027.0

Joe

Joe,

yes you are correct we do need more of this and it is something that I am trying to encourage on our forum. ;)

Please go ahead and use the Touring or Travel section to post any descriptions and pictures of your travels.

Hopefully it will encourage others to do the same. :thumb

John

Thank you John,
That's a good idea - I will start working on something...
I will try to keep photos down to a minimum - obviously don't want to 'flood' the site, but out of interest, what should I be aiming for in terms of file sizes? just keep these down as small as pos I guess.
Thanks once again

Joe

joeaguilar said:
Thank you John,
That's a good idea - I will start working on something...
I will try to keep photos down to a minimum - obviously don't want to 'flood' the site, but out of interest, what should I be aiming for in terms of file sizes? just keep these down as small as pos I guess.
Thanks once again

Joe

Hi again Joe I just use photobucket, so it does not matter about the file size. Once your pictures are downloaded onto the photobucket site you just copy and then paste the URL onto your post on the Cali forum. :thumb

It is really easy.

Hope this helps

John

What would be really easy is a photo upload function that adjusts pixel size automatically for the forum as you upload, preferably up to a decent file size...and I understand it's easy on the modern interweb to facilitate this? Are there enough sponsors and members fees to justify the cost yet? I'd upload more pictures myself if it wasn't such a ball ache, or if it didn't require prior uploading to some third party website first, or re-saving as a smaller file, or resizing of the pixel thingies.

Web usability - it's not rocket surgery and a spotty student could fix it for small bucks, I think.

A more navigable menu (for people who are interested in, say, touring) wouldn't go amiss either. Sorry to stick my spoke in here but web usability is a keen interest of mine. There's a great book on the subject called "Don't Make Me Think" by Steve Krug. The search function would never have lead me to some of the interesting posts highlighted in this thread and I'd have to go digging (try searching 'touring'). Unfortunately, in keeping with the majority of menu browsing surfers, I have the attention span of a gnat and can't be bothered thinking when I'm having relaxing down time. Usability is a topic of web excellence that might go hand in hand with the excellent subject of this forum, IMO.

Joe, I would never have found the touring posts myself if John hadn't responded.

Still an excellent forum though!

Paul

Back