Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What basic accessories should be included

S

Scottydog

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hiya, picked up our new Cali Coast on Friday and had a great first night out on Sunday to test the waters.

We have not been given the magnetic blinds for the front side windows. We got a blue camping plug with a European domestic socket on it. We also got first aid kit, breakdown triangle, locking nuts, one fly screen.
Should we have got anything else as standard (eg blue plug to uk domestic plug)? I'm chasing the dealer up for the blinds.

Many thanks,
Scotty

Hiya, picked up our new Cali Coast on Friday and had a great first night out on Sunday to test the waters.

We have not been given the magnetic blinds for the front side windows. We got a blue camping plug with a European domestic socket on it. We also got first aid kit, breakdown triangle, locking nuts, one fly screen.
Should we have got anything else as standard (eg blue plug to uk domestic plug)? I'm chasing the dealer up for the blinds.

Many thanks,
Scotty
I think the EU plug is standard. We never got a UK one. Cheap enough....£8-10 if you don't fancy swapping the plug over.

There is a checklist that you can download.
Fridge basket
Sink plug
Table strap for hooking over the seat.
Awning handle
Door pocket waste bin
Bendy light for upstairs 12v socket

To name a few off the top of my head

Not sure what comes as std on the Beach but for our Ocean we got this in the boot:
- 2 fly screens
- Small 12v socket rechargeable "button" torch
- Blue EU camping plug
- Kit for closing the electric roof in case of failure
- First aid kit, Triangle
- 4 pegs for awning
- 2 magnetic front screen covers

* Edits as people remind me*

- Kitchen strap for table (allows you to have over bench)
- Child safety net that I'll never use
- Worlds smallest rebranded ashtray as bin

Things we have that we assume not "extras"
- Awning winder
- sink plug
- sink bowl
- fridge basket
- locking nut

We have no bendy light! :eek:

Best thing about all this was the date on the checklist inside - as the last thing to be thrown into the van gaves us an exact "offline date" for production. It meant technically our Van had been in build for 4 weeks.

To answer the OP in another way - the only thing missing that I would have expected should be included is a hook up cable. A hosepipe and funnel would be nice too.

Last edited:
Not sure what comes as std on the Beach but for our Ocean we got this in the boot:
- 2 fly screens
- Small 12v socket rechargeable "button" torch
- Blue EU camping plug
- Kit for closing the electric roof in case of failure
- First aid kit, Triangle
- 4 pegs for awning
- 2 magnetic front screen covers
No strap for the table (to make an L-shaped kitchen)?

The OP says he has a T6 not a T6.1.
And also a Coast.
This makes some differences.

Thanks all for the quick feedback and reassurance. Couple of discrepancies but nothing concerning (bin and table straps not with us) Cheers

We have no bendy light! :eek:
Roof lights are already fitted to the Ocean instead of the basic bendy light.

Edit, this may be incorrect, see post below.

Last edited:
Roof lights are already fitted to the Ocean instead of the basic bendy light.
My T6.1 still came with a bendy light. Very useful as a reading light for front passenger seat when swivelled. & also to use when roof has sagged enough to turn off the roof lights.

I got the bendy light even though I have the rip off fancy interior lights - required if you get the rear shower