Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do people look for when buying?

A

AmyMac

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hiya,
Just wishing to pick your brains really...! I have a 2019 Cali Ocean for sale, it has been on the usual sites for a couple of months and no bites. Not even a bit of interest. I believe the price is fair for the age, condition and mileage, (after extensive research), so I'm wondering if I'm missing a trick in what people are looking for, and if I haven't shown it enough in the advert?
If you were in the market for a 2019 Cali Ocean, what would you like to see in the advert?!
Thank you so much.

Hiya,
Just wishing to pick your brains really...! I have a 2019 Cali Ocean for sale, it has been on the usual sites for a couple of months and no bites. Not even a bit of interest. I believe the price is fair for the age, condition and mileage, (after extensive research), so I'm wondering if I'm missing a trick in what people are looking for, and if I haven't shown it enough in the advert?
If you were in the market for a 2019 Cali Ocean, what would you like to see in the advert?!
Thank you so much.
Are you asking for a fair price? There are loads of ‘bargains’ about at the moment. I’d run it through WBAC and Motorway to see what they offer. That will give you a starting point.

Don't be shy - advertise it everywhere such as the usual plus Marketplace, Gumtree, eBay and AutoTrader vans and Cars

There has been discussion on here regarding the fact that private sale advertised prices look very optimistic relative to the deals that are around for new or nearly new Calis on the VW approved used network.

The first thing to say is that you have to look like good value relative to those - not what other private sellers are offering (which may be simply unrealistic). Second - prices have fallen recently, so you say its been on for a couple of months? Maybe prices are lower now.

I did buy privately. I was looking for a price around 5-10 % below the best dealer offers. I always look for evidence of careful and fastidious ownership. I much prefer to buy from the owner who has had the vehicle from new. So ‘one owner’. A few freebie extras sweeten the deal.

I bought less than two months ago and if I was buying today I would be expecting to pay 5% less than I did! That is how things have moved

Make sure you list the full spec, give detailed service history, multiple photos (of a clean van / interior - roof up/down) in a nice location.
^ THIS!

Make sure you have plenty of photos, not of the van on a holiday, photos of the van, interior, wheels, the options, seats.. does my nut in when people post 4 pictures of their van and then list it for £70k, if people are serious about selling - put some effort in!

OP - not aimed at you, by the way - no idea which advert yours is!

I also would like lots of pictures of interior etc. I would be looking for something that looked well cared for, v clean, ideally spotless. In short ‘loved’.

Out of interest, recently valued our 2019 150PS Cali on Motorway and it came out at £44,000.

Back