Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do you store where?

This is embarrassing... but important too .. we store ‘emergency roof straps’ in drawer under bench seat.
And we really should investigate just how to use them !!!

This is embarrassing... but important too .. we store ‘emergency roof straps’ in drawer under bench seat.
And we really should investigate just how to use them !!!
The problem is nobody knows how to use the straps until something really bad happens which we all hope never will...I think the instructions are in the California service book supplement..

Nice to know where they actually go..Let’s hope we never have to use them..
Unless these are hidden somewhere, I don't think that any were supplied with my (used ) van. Where should I find these?

Can you join them up together and make a humongous awning?
Yes! Throw a couple of Tarps in the mix and you have a city!

We were at a festival a few years back at Newstead Abbey and knew we’d have tons of space. It was when we’d just bought the tailgate awning for our old van And wanted to try it out. So we had our khyam classic with extension plus the tailgate plus a tarp, loads of solar fairy lights too. The first night we were walking back for the night a lady in front of us said to the fella she was with said, “wow, look at that setup”. He replied disdainfully, “Oh my God, how very ostentatious”. We nearly fell over laughing!

Unless these are hidden somewhere, I don't think that any were supplied with my (used ) van. Where should I find these?
When the van was new it would have had them supplied, same as the window and screen blinds and child safety net..I honestly don’t know where mine are but probably in the slide out draw.

Checked out the video on how to use Velcro strips and plastic ‘doofers’ . Seems pretty straightforward on passenger side but not too sure of how it will work on wind out awning side.. will check out on ladders tomorrow.
Also would be useful to see in detail how to manually put down roof ... it seems very convoluted ... take off control panel and ‘cut out’ foam’ to access oil pressure screw ... phew, what happens next !!!

Back