Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What fits from T6 in to T6.1 ?

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Hi Everyone

We’ve got a T6.1 to replace our T6 (Oceans) on order, and we’re wondering what is transferable / fits from our old T6 in to the new one?

Thinking about;

Brandrup cab floor carpet
Club shop insulated windscreen cover
Rainbow Screens pop top screen wrap

I noticed that brandrup seem to sell different carpets for the 6.1 (and didn’t see a RHD cab carpet) but wasn’t sure if that was just for colour matching the new T6.1 interior colours?

Thanks

I think it's only the cab carpet that's different, judging from the @aBusAndBeyond Coast video (no-where to put your left foot when driving)

Yes I saw that video and though that’s a bit odd!

Can anyone confirm if their T6.1 has the foot rest / same carpet as a T6?
I’ve had a T6.1 Kombi and the rubber floor mats are different so I expect the carpets will be. As mentioned above, there isn’t the ‘foot rest’ part in the T6.1.

All is interchangeable, even the bodywork.

Yes I saw that video and though that’s a bit odd!

Can anyone confirm if their T6.1 has the foot rest / same carpet as a T6?
The footrest is gone in the T6.1. The footwells are a different shape, at least on the driver's side. Your T6 carpets will not fit the T6.1

The screens for sliding windows are different (in addition to items mentioned above)
But if you change the 6.1 sliding window for the T6 one, you take the screen too.

Don't know about the UK footrest, but I think the "European" T6.1 carpets still fit.

All is interchangeable, even the bodywork.
Apart from the front wings. - holes are in a different place for indicators. In fact everything in front of the windscreen is different except the bonnet

Apart from the front wings. - holes are in a different place for indicators. In fact everything in front of the windscreen is different except the bonnet
But all is interchangeable. Watch some T5 to T5.1 facelift upgrades, or T5 to T6. It all fits, with the right amount of parts you change.

You can't make a Golf 3 from a Golf 1, but you can make a T6.1 from a T5. The base vehicle is the same, just the make up is different.

But all is interchangeable. Watch some T5 to T5.1 facelift upgrades, or T5 to T6. It all fits, with the right amount of parts you change.

You can't make a Golf 3 from a Golf 1, but you can make a T6.1 from a T5. The base vehicle is the same, just the make up is different.

I doubt though that @itguy would want to rebuild half his car from T6.1 back to T6 just so that he doesn't have to buy new carpets ;-)

I actually have a suspicion that the lack of footrest on the RHD models of the T6.1 is probably due to a different shape of floor pan, probably to allow for additional emissions measures in the exhaust system. It would make sense that the LHD models would have taken preference in the design of this, thus they keep the footrest, but the RHD models suffer.

This is true to the MINI Petrol variants too, where there is a lump in the floor to create more space underneath for the cat in the exhaust.

I wonder if the RDE2 engines have dual dosing ad-blu, like the new caddy, and that this requires another DPF or cat in the exhaust When compared to the T6.1

The footrest is gone in the T6.1. The footwells are a different shape, at least on the driver's side. Your T6 carpets will not fit the T6.1
Is the T6. 1 now only available with DSG?

I doubt though that @itguy would want to rebuild half his car from T6.1 back to T6 just so that he doesn't have to buy new carpets ;-)
Agree, strange how changing carpets got to complete front body change but didn't solve the carpet query.

Sure that I recently saw a Business that would take your T5 and return a T6.1 exterior look model.

Waiting for my new T6.1 Ocean. Can anyone recommend any good carpets/rubber mats for the front. Do the T6.1 Transporter mats fit?
Also, I intend to buy a couple of mats for the living area. Is the floor the same size as a T6?

As we will be having a new van we thought we would that the dog would like a new crate to go behind the driver's seat. Has anyone found one that fit well (for a slim working cocker spaniel)?

Waiting for my new T6.1 Ocean. Can anyone recommend any good carpets/rubber mats for the front. Do the T6.1 Transporter mats fit?
Also, I intend to buy a couple of mats for the living area. Is the floor the same size as a T6?

As we will be having a new van we thought we would that the dog would like a new crate to go behind the driver's seat. Has anyone found one that fit well (for a slim working cocker spaniel)?
These are great.
https://vehiclematsuk.com/volkswage...h-no-mat-clips-tailored-van-mats-2020-present
I bought a Prestige mat, and they delivered a Standard. They apologised and let me keep the standard one (which will be better for muddy trips) and sent through the plush prestige one 2 weeks later. Recommended for quality, though now you mention it not entirely sure they fit as I haven't got my California yet! They were recommended elsewhere on here though, and I'm sure they have the same footwell as a T6.1 (slightly different to a T6 as no footrest now)
Look forward to hearing recommendations about dog crates (and ways to fix them to the seat rail).