Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done in your Beach today (that you couldn't do in an Ocean)

New post coming soon to keep all happy
What have you done in your Ocean /SE today (that you couldn't do in a Beach)
or
What have you done in your California today (that you couldn't do in a MP).

I'm going to start another thread with a poll:

Why did I think it was a good idea to swap a kitchen & wardrobe for an empty space?

A. just so I can get more Ikea flatpack in.
B. So I can use it as a Builders Van.
C. So I can fit even more screaming kids in.
D. So I can fill the space with an aftermarket pod

:D

Last edited:

Why did I think it was a good idea to swap a kitchen & wardrobe for an empty space?

A. just so I can get more Ikea flatpack in. Yes
B. So I can use it as a Builders Van. Yes
C. So I can fit even more screaming kids in. Yes
D. So I can fill the space with an aftermarket pod Yes

:D

They are the questions at the VW design table when they were designing the beach! :thumb:thumb;)

Just as things look to be cooling down on the weather front, they seem to be hotting up on here :D

Just as things look to be cooling down on the weather front, they seem to be hotting up on here :D

And storms coming

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

A. just so I can get more Ikea flatpack in.
B. So I can use it as a Builders Van.
C. So I can fit even more screaming kids in.
D. So I can fill the space with an aftermarket pod
E. All of the above and so much more besides.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Not today but has anybody managed a threesome in an Ocean?

We're just heading home from Bodensee loaded up with Bromptons, inflatable kayak, a few too many crates of beer, 2 deckchairs impulse bought on the first day that are so much nicer to chill in than the Cali chairs. Have combined upstairs sleeping and downstairs stealth camping on aires on way there and back. Glad to have had the extra room by not having a mini kitchen and kitchen sink built in.

Having a quiet chuckle that in other posts the glue holding furniture together isn't coping with the heat. New option for the configorator; glue pot cupboard :)

Transported:
4 adults
1 teenager
2 boys
1 Airedale
1 border collie
1 cockapoo and
2 border terriers
From Emsworth to Hayling Island and back again.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Hey I’ve taken the cooker, sink and fridge out of my kitchen at home.

It’s amazing how much stuff I can store in there now. :confused:
Yes and you could now get a king size bed in there instead of that old narrow put you up! :thumb

Cheeky edit. Sorry, couldn’t resist :pinkbanana

As this thread was in the Beach chat section I took it as an opportunity for Beach owners to extol the virtues of their chosen vehicle and share with others what is possible. If someone learns something new or it helps a potential owner make the right choice then great.
Cheeky edit of your excellent cheeky edit. I hope you don't mind!

Just use the correct tool for the job.

Furniture removal - Beach
People removal - Beach
Camping basic - Ocean (sleeping in the kitchen on a single bed, whilst enjoying the smell of cooking after washing up in a sink that's too small, probably using cold water).
Camping/glamping - Beach (sleeping in a king size bed. Let's be really honest, given the choice, who really wants to cook a meal, do the washing up and then sleep, all in the kitchen? If you do then you can do that in a Beach as well).

Game, set and match, me thinks! :thumb

Sorry, couldn't resist joining in the fun but seriously which ever version you have just enjoy it. They are both fantastic vehicles with different practicalities suiting different lifestyles. Neither is better than the other, just different.

Last edited:
Just returned back from 2 weeks travelling in France.
A week in the Vendee and a week in Dordogne. Two little ones loved the trip and the ferry from Pompey to StMalo. Time to look for our next trip!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jumping the gun slightly here as it hasn't happened yet but the ferry and sites are booked.
Heading off to the west coast of Ireland in a couple of weeks with my 7 year old boy and can't wait.
My late dad used to take me over regularly as he was born there and we had great times over the years, memories that will be forever etched in my mind.
Well now it's my turn to lead the way and we'll be armed with mountain bikes and fishing rods. What more can a man ask for :D
One things for sure, it will go down as another amazing experience i'll have had with my lad, who, as with his older bro, will grow up far too quickly for my liking.
That first pint of Guinness will be enthusiastically dealt with by me, he'll have to make do with orange juice for now. I'm sure that will change in a few years time though.......

Jumping the gun slightly here as it hasn't happened yet but the ferry and sites are booked.
Heading off to the west coast of Ireland in a couple of weeks with my 7 year old boy and can't wait.
My late dad used to take me over regularly as he was born there and we had great times over the years, memories that will be forever etched in my mind.
Well now it's my turn to lead the way and we'll be armed with mountain bikes and fishing rods. What more can a man ask for :D
One things for sure, it will go down as another amazing experience i'll have had with my lad, who, as with his older bro, will grow up far too quickly for my liking.
That first pint of Guinness will be enthusiastically dealt with by me, he'll have to make do with orange juice for now. I'm sure that will change in a few years time though.......
So I presume you are not “ Looking to buy “ ?

I should have added that if the weather is fine i'll remove the portable camping stove from my Beach and we will use it to have a BBQ on the riverbank, something that's a bit more tricky to do in an Ocean. ;)

I should have added that if the weather is fine i'll remove the portable camping stove from my Beach and we will use it to have a BBQ on the riverbank, something that's a bit more tricky to do in an Ocean. ;)

Not really...

I will just take the bistro stove that is permanently in my boot, the table and chairs, and eat and drink wherever I want to :D

Not getting into this debate but I bought a Cali to enjoy maximum flexibility, the breed of Cali is merely fine-tuning.

Not really...

I will just take the bistro stove that is permanently in my boot, the table and chairs, and eat and drink wherever I want to :D

Not getting into this debate but I bought a Cali to enjoy maximum flexibility, the breed of Cali is merely fine-tuning.

Fair play Jen, where there’s a will there’s a way :D
Two cookers is a spatial luxury I can’t afford, the fishing rods, cycling equipment, etc etc make sure of that.
We love our vans and that’s what matters.

Longed for something to make a pot of coffee on...

Ok, ok, it's all about management and planning but as to the prime reason for having a camper van, ease of coffee making must be paramount over all else!! (Threesomes aside...) I do love my Beach, but when the kids are gone and I have less flatpack and motorcycles to move I will most certainly replace it with an Ocean. Wait, no.. after careful consideration it will be a gorgeous T3 Syncro...

Back