Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done in your Beach today (that you couldn't do in an Ocean)

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
1. Transported four nearly new wheels and tyres, all standing upright in a row between the multiflex and boot door.
2. Took my two boys off for a cycle ride with three bikes in the boot between the multiflex and boot door.

IMG_1973.JPG

Not done them today but I’m pretty sure I couldn’t do the following in an Ocean (or a conversion for that matter);

1. Helped sister-in-law move house, removal of bench (it’s heavy, very heavy) was required but sofa, tv cabinet and shelf unit swallowed with ease.
2. IKEA. Large amount of flat packed 2.5m long wardrobe, king size bed and head board. And my wife, length of wardrobe meant front seat unusable so single rear seat fitted. Did have to leave the kids behind though.
606148F8-2EED-463E-9D4E-8DC1397B3D82.jpeg
3. Carried 7 people.
4. Moved a double divan bed, bench seat folded down and the two sections slid on top.
5. Kept a gap between children to prevent fighting!

Not quite as good as my old T4 lwb, which could probably do most of the above and carry 6 people, but it all confirms a Beach was the right choice for us. Even if I’d have liked an excuse to say no to the first activity on my list!

Took my two boys off for a cycle ride with three bikes in the boot between the multiflex and boot door.

Glad it is summer and nice and dry and not the middle of the winter and very muddy out there.

Not done them today but I’m pretty sure I couldn’t do the following in an Ocean (or a conversion for that matter);

1. Helped sister-in-law move house, removal of bench (it’s heavy, very heavy) was required but sofa, tv cabinet and shelf unit swallowed with ease.
2. IKEA. Large amount of flat packed 2.5m long wardrobe, king size bed and head board. And my wife, length of wardrobe meant front seat unusable so single rear seat fitted. Did have to leave the kids behind though.
View attachment 35821
3. Carried 7 people.
4. Moved a double divan bed, bench seat folded down and the two sections slid on top.
5. Kept a gap between children to prevent fighting!

Not quite as good as my old T4 lwb, which could probably do most of the above and carry 6 people, but it all confirms a Beach was the right choice for us. Even if I’d have liked an excuse to say no to the first activity on my list!
Think this exactly why some people buy a beach. Turning the Beach into a good old fashioned 'Transporter' Van.

Must say often take the bed out of our Ocean load it to the roof with camping kit for our Scout camps , still very versatile
And have a cold drink when we all arrive!,

Must say often take the bed out of our Ocean load it to the roof with camping kit for our Scout camps , still very versatile
And have a cold drink when we all arrive!,
At the end if the day, the ocean is still based on a proper van! (A very posh one mind you :)

Here we go again.........:pinkbanana

Bit of a pointless thread. Yes you can fit more in a beach, even more in a transporter, then you could try a bigger van.
The beach vs ocean debate can be stirred and stirred but there won’t be a consensus.

Does feel already this thread is going to turn into a heated Beach v Ocean debate....:mute

Bit of a pointless thread. Yes you can fit more in a beach, even more in a transporter, then you could try a bigger van.
The beach vs ocean debate can be stirred and stirred but there won’t be a consensus.
Don't worry, Peter. There have been plenty of times when I've turned up at a campsite in the hissing rain, faffed about with driveaway awning to set up the kitchen area and getting soaked while our Ocean neighbours watched amused from the comfort of their cabin enjoying their second gin and tonic of the evening.

Last few days I did two things

1. Took my son and THREE of his friends to the cinema

2. We went camping at the weekend and the roof DID NOT fail on me

3. Four of us went camping with two large double beds ( one upstairs and one downstairs) I really don't know how two adults fit in the downstairs bed of an Ocean in comfort?

Last few days I did two things

1. Took my son and THREE of his friends to the cinema

2. We went camping at the weekend and the roof DID NOT fail on me

3. Four of us went camping with two large double beds ( one upstairs and one downstairs) I really don't know how two adults fit in the downstairs bed of an Ocean in comfort?
Whilst it would not be ideal for two stout strangers, a couple of racing snake lovers would be very happy.
Back in the real world the top bed is excellent, decent lounge available at all times on the ground floor.

120mph. ish. what's the max speed anyone's had out of their van? im sure some ofthe 204 power plants can really shift

120mph. ish. what's the max speed anyone's had out of their van? im sure some ofthe 204 power plants can really shift
128mph has been had out of mine, yep, a big fat 210kmh and i do 190kmh
regularly, that´s 118mph. So your post shouldn´t be on this thread.

I´m waiting for the post that says - I watched my 12v kettle boil today
for 54mins and 18 secs, then i had a brew. Lol.

Just use the correct tool for the job.
Furniture removal - Beach
People removal - Beach
Camping basic - Beach
Camping /Glamping - Ocean

Cheeky edit. Sorry, couldn’t resist :pinkbanana

As this thread was in the Beach chat section I took it as an opportunity for Beach owners to extol the virtues of their chosen vehicle and share with others what is possible. If someone learns something new or it helps a potential owner make the right choice then great.

Cheeky edit. Sorry, couldn’t resist :pinkbanana

As this thread was in the Beach chat section I took it as an opportunity for Beach owners to extol the virtues of their chosen vehicle and share with others what is possible. If someone learns something new or it helps a potential owner make the right choice then great.
If it makes you happy.

Just use the correct tool for the job.
Furniture removal - Beach
People removal - Beach
Camping basic - Beach
Camping /Glamping - Ocean
Cheeky edit. Sorry, couldn’t resist
It happens to be very true.

Earlier this week I was shifting our furniture, stored in a garage while we were away, back to our home.

My Beach is now set up as a 7 Seat MPV to seat:
my parents, my third brother, my fourth nephew, my two sons and me for a long weekend together.

And last weekend Clare and a friend were sleeping in it at a folk festival.

told off again!

Don't worry, Peter. There have been plenty of times when I've turned up at a campsite in the hissing rain, faffed about with driveaway awning to set up the kitchen area and getting soaked while our Ocean neighbours watched amused from the comfort of their cabin enjoying their second gin and tonic of the evening.
What's more to say.

Christ on a bike! You must have balls of steel! That speed would scare me in a van. One of my cars will happily sit at 175mph but above 120 it gets a bit woolly.
At that speed in a van there is no redundancy in anything!
Hats off to you. :cheers

I’m confused. Is this Cali beach chat section aimed at beach owners, or have I misunderstood the wording ?

I’m confused. Is this Cali beach chat section aimed at beach owners, or have I misunderstood the wording ?
Just shows you how popular the Beach is. 4 Separate Beach Owners have posted and 8 Non- Beach Owners, to date.

Back