Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is this for..?

FredFlintstone

FredFlintstone

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Looking into the rear load area under the rear mattress section I've spotted a void under the rear seat (with straps)..!

Just wondered if there is anything specific that is supposed to live here?

Thanks

A picture would help. Sounds like you’re talking about where the jack box goes.

Looking into the rear load area under the rear mattress section I've spotted a void under the rear seat (with straps)..!

Just wondered if there is anything specific that is supposed to live here?

Thanks
Do you mean the bit between the seat and the cupboards. If so, it is just for storing long things. The plastic panel on the seat can also be removed (the one next to the big drawer) so you can put even longer things in if needed. I think it has been touted as an area where skiis can go in VW brochures before but I find it perfect for a much less exotic windbreak or two (without removing the plastic panel. I think the straps are to help holding things in place but are a bit odd and I have never managed to use them.

If you are talking about the space to the left hand side of the seat when looking in from the boot, the straps are designed to hold the pump/tyre inflation kit if you don't have a spare wheel.

If you are talking about the space to the left hand side of the seat when looking in from the boot, the straps are designed to hold the pump/tyre inflation kit if you don't have a spare wheel.
Ah that's what they are for is it, I guess that's why they are a bit weird and I have not managed to use them usefully then.

Back