Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What to expect?

• Thread starter WooburnCalifornia
  • Start date
W

WooburnCalifornia

Ok this is our first ever rally and have no idea what to expect as we have never done anything like this before, i know there is live music and stuff going on during the day but we would like to meet some other owners, will there be a place where we are all introduced to each other? Does everyone keep themselves to themselves?

Sorry if questions sound daft but we are real novices to this type of thing

Odd, 61 views and no one has replied :confused:

I take it you are talking about COTF?

Unfortunately we can't go, but if we were I would probably put my forum name in the window. (Or maybe I would hide :cool:) Not sure what else really, I guess would just go with the flow - but don't keep yourselves to yourselves :D

Will look out for you on the next one hopefully :thumb

Hi the music will only be on sat night. There are various activities throughout the weekend including talks,kids disco,dog show etc there will be plenty of people to talk to.we are a friendly bunch really some like to keep to themselves to themselves thats fine.one thing i can guarentee is you will learn loads and have a great time.

I should think it is a great way to "talk Cali" endlessly. We will try and make the next one. Have fun and pace your self

I've never been to a meet but if I did I'd wander round the vans looking to see what extras they had and how they'd arranged things. A great opportunity. I'm sure some might say P*** O** but most won't. (I guess)

I do it when I see a single Cali wherever we pitch up so a meet looks attractive.

Look out for the Natural Grey California with the Welsh Flag flying and steel bars front and sides. Stop for a chat.:thumb

I'm running the dog show so feel free to come and say hi. The rest of the time I intend to talk to everyone about their vans and generally enjoy the events, wine and sunshine (hopefully) :D

Judith (aka Zebedee).....and Nicola from Manchester, can't recall her forum name offhand without checking....we are running the craft activities. Do come along. We are very friendly. Happy to share our tips, experiences and kit ideas.

Looking forward to seeing everyone from Friday night.

Ok this is our first ever rally and have no idea what to expect as we have never done anything like this before, i know there is live music and stuff going on during the day but we would like to meet some other owners, will there be a place where we are all introduced to each other? Does everyone keep themselves to themselves?

Sorry if questions sound daft but we are real novices to this type of thing
Hi,
My wife and I attended the recent "Calis on the farm" event as day visitors. At that time we were not members and didn't own a Cali. We attended to carry out further research before deciding whether to take the plunge and buy one. We were made to feel very welcome and everyone we spoke to was so enthusiastic, encouraging and helpful. I would thoroughly recommend to anyone who is thinking about ownership to go along to one of these events and talk to the owners. They are all very proud of their Calis and only too willing to advise.
Not only did we have a great day and learnt a lot but we also took the plunge and bought a three week old demonstrator 180dsg 4motion SE that was at the event and that we had previously looked at during a visit to our nearest good dealer (SMG VW Tonbridge). So after three years of research we came away very happy bunnies.

Not only did we have a great day and learnt a lot but we also took the plunge and bought a three week old demonstrator 180dsg 4motion SE
Great stuff :thumb

Let's have a look then!

Great stuff :thumb

Let's have a look then!
Hi Motacyclist,
May I present Margot.image.jpg
Isn't she a beauty? Unfortunately, we will not have her until end of September as she had just been registered as a dealer demonstrator when we bought her. Apparently VW insist that their dealers keep their demonstrators for three months before letting anyone have them. We did wonder about the colour but have since found that it is very popular with younger buyers. Therefore good for when we come to sell her, not that we have any plans to do that.

Last edited:
Hi Motacyclist,
May I present Margot.View attachment 9339
Isn't she a beauty? Unfortunately, we will not have her until end of September as she had just been registered as a dealer demonstrator when we bought her. Apparently VW insist that their dealers keep their demonstrators for three months before letting anyone have them. We did wonder about the colour but have since found that it is very popular with younger buyers. Therefore good for when we come to sell her, not that we have any plans to do that.
Certainly is a beauty! Welcome to the dark side

I know what you mean about the colour, my car is basalt black (again a dealer demo) and I was having misgivings. You just have to keep it clean, then the heads will turn. Once it's dirty you go into stealth mode.

Certainly is a beauty! Welcome to the dark side

I know what you mean about the colour, my car is basalt black (again a dealer demo) and I was having misgivings. You just have to keep it clean, then the heads will turn. Once it's dirty you go into stealth mode.
Yes I will have to work overtime keeping it clean. Still it will be fun, at least at first! However I suspect we will be spending much of our time in stealth mode. This will be our first ever black car. I have always avoided them but since we bought it the whole black thing is now growing on us. The spec was perfect and new T5 180 dsg 4 motions is now becoming very rare so in the end we decided not to miss the chance and give black a go. I won't consider a T6 until it's reliability have been tested and decent discounts return. In the end the colour is only a small issue, it's the whole Cali/freedom experience that we are buying into.