Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What kind of discount to expect?

Roc1

Roc1

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi guys

Looking around for a good spec T6 Beach and have found one I like that a dealer has for £46k.

Just wondering so I can work out finance etc, what kind of discount I could expect off this? Is getting it down to £40k realistic? I'd also be using VW PCP too to help finance it.

Is a 'dealer contribution' in addition to what they knock off the asking price?

Thanks for any help!

It depends on the spec and how much below list the £46k is. If it’s a high spec Beach, you might find it already has a good chunk off the list price, in which case getting near £40k seems unrealistic. Alternatively, if £46k is list price, then £40k could be achievable.

Last edited:
If its a good time to sell as mentioned in another thread then maybe a bad time for discounts. Hopefully the supply line is up to demand and discounts are good but I would try the dealers recommended on this site for starters. If you don't ask you don't get. Good luck.

Read a press item which said that VW California enquiries for California and Grand California model has 'rocketed' during recent lockdown period. That would indicate demand high and discounts not forthcoming.

Staycation being on many peoples minds.

Read a press item which said that VW California enquiries for California and Grand California model has 'rocketed' during recent lockdown period. That would indicate demand high and discounts not forthcoming.

Staycation being on many peoples minds.
I don't buy into any of that nonsense, those high demand press
releases are wishful thinking.
So the 2 week jolly in Spain in an all inclusive -cost about 600quid- could be off the cards
this year.

Those people aren't gonna say - tell you what luv, we cant go to Spain this year, lets
have a look at them 50k Calis.
No no no, they are looking at tents.

You don't say if this is an unregistered Beach, 2nd hand etc. At that price it sounds like as new dealer stock (or a monster spec used van)

Given Beaches no longer coming to the UK and high spec Beaches are popular, it's the start of summer, etc. I can't imagine you getting anywhere near 40k. Agreed the reported staycation jump interest in campers is probably overstated but in reality it only takes a few long time camper wannabes to use this current situation as their excuse to buy and demand will outstrip supply, especially as new vans bought now and built to order won't get here until Autumn at the least.

If a Beach is your thing and this one ticks your boxes I'd be negotiating now, most half decent vans sell whilst people ponder. It was a different market a few months back when the T6.1 roll out/ winter/ shedding of current stock meant there were genuine bargains.

Good luck, great bits of kit.

All depends on if its unregistered or not.

A brand spanking new Beach with base spec was just over 46k. With 10% discount and a deposit contribution, close to 40 grand may of just been possible.

If its new but pre-registered, I don’t think you’ll get anywhere near 40k and the finance rate will also be higher.

You don't say if this is an unregistered Beach, 2nd hand etc. At that price it sounds like as new dealer stock (or a monster spec used van)

Given Beaches no longer coming to the UK and high spec Beaches are popular, it's the start of summer, etc. I can't imagine you getting anywhere near 40k. Agreed the reported staycation jump interest in campers is probably overstated but in reality it only takes a few long time camper wannabes to use this current situation as their excuse to buy and demand will outstrip supply, especially as new vans bought now and built to order won't get here until Autumn at the least.

If a Beach is your thing and this one ticks your boxes I'd be negotiating now, most half decent vans sell whilst people ponder. It was a different market a few months back when the T6.1 roll out/ winter/ shedding of current stock meant there were genuine bargains.

Good luck, great bits of kit.
Thanks, yeah its a 2018 Beach Edition with one prev owner. One attraction was the led lights as I have those on my kombi and are great!

Thanks, yeah its a 2018 Beach Edition with one prev owner. One attraction was the led lights as I have those on my kombi and are great!
Others will know what premium the Edition spec brings, I know they added a certain number of goodies. Can't remember if the parking heater was one, that seems to be one of the biggest deal breakers.

46k for a 2018 does seem ambitious.

Same as mine. Is that the one at SMG?

Sorry but I can’t see you getting it for 40k. Finance rate will probably be high and I’d be surprised if you got a big discount and a deposit contribution on a 2 year old van.

No harm in asking though!!

Others will know what premium the Edition spec brings, I know they added a certain number of goodies. Can't remember if the parking heater was one, that seems to be one of the biggest deal breakers.

46k for a 2018 does seem ambitious.

No factory parking heater.

Same as mine. Is that the one at SMG?

Sorry but I can’t see you getting it for 40k. Finance rate will probably be high and I’d be surprised if you got a big discount and a deposit contribution on a 2 year old van.

No harm in asking though!!
Yeah the SMG one. Is the asking price fair for this age/milage (11k) How do you find your Edition? Parking heater I'm not fussed on and can add at a later date if needs be.

No factory parking heater.
Our Beach was a prereg, 9 mile, unused van. Good spec. The one thing not listed on the ad was the parking heater. The price was more than right in December 2017. Still chuckle at finding it had both heaters...

If I recall correctly, my Edition had over standard spec:

17” Cascavels
LED lights
MFSW
6” Screen with Sat Nav and App Connect
Comfort Dash and 3 Zone Climate
Power Latching Boot
Privacy
Awning
3 Seat Rear Bench
Grey Interior

List was about 53k.

Last edited:
Yeah the SMG one. Is the asking price fair for this age/milage (11k) How do you find your Edition? Parking heater I'm not fussed on and can add at a later date if needs be.

The SMG one has a few body mods. Front bumper and rear spoiler if i recall.. not my cup of tea to be honest..

I’ve done a few online valuations of mine and it says 40k if its showroom condition. Mine is once clean!

Love it, i think it looks great but the only thing to be aware of is the light grey interior is a nightmare. Cleans up ok but Black is a lot more user friendly.

I’d also ask if the SMG one has the extended warranty?

Love it, i think it looks great but the only thing to be aware of is the light grey interior is a nightmare. Cleans up ok but Black is a lot more user friendly.

I’d also ask if the SMG one has the extended warranty?
Thanks, I think if I can get a good price for it then I'd be interested, but I'm no rush so happy to wait for the right one to come along :)

If it helps I have just picked up a 69 reg Beach with 2k miles app connect, DSG, sat nav, cruise control, parking sensors in blue for £37.5k. Did get some discount around 5%. Search vw vans website. There are deals to be had although the dealer admitted three had gone out that day. Good luck

My perspective, the VW used vans website had 72 Oceans, I know you aren't looking for an Ocean, available about 3 weeks ago. There are currently 58.

My perspective, the VW used vans website had 72 Oceans, I know you aren't looking for an Ocean, available about 3 weeks ago. There are currently 58.
Yeah I spoke to 2 dealers yesterday, both said, and I don't think this was a sales pitch of any sort, that Cali sales are on the up suddenly and if you see one you like to act quickly about it. Prob down to more people are going to want to holiday in the UK a lot more, and what with production of the Beach being stopped I think any decent discounts will be few and far between now.

The dealer we are dealing with sold their demonstrator 6.1 to someone without them even seeing it! Delivered on a low loader. Gulp! Don't think i would part with 60 large ones without viewing a vehicle.

I spoke to a few dealers last week that we partner with and they said the enquiries for California's has been absolutely huge over the past week. Also dealer stock on the Volkswagen website has dropped by half over the past four weeks so a lot of people are buying .

I think discounts will become few and far between now .

Interesting positive comments on a buoyant sales outlook. Personally i find it hard to difficult to believe and strikes me as ‘boiler room’ tactics and all seems contrary to the economist that anticipate a deep recession.

I may be eating my comments in a few months times but I’m in no rush to drop approx 60 - 70K on a Cali and will sit on the porch until such time that I strike a good balance for a price I’m willing to pay.