Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wheel sizes 2015 -2018 vehicles different?

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
As my Cali came on 18” wheels it has no spare. I’ve ordered the 17” carrier from the forum shop, and this wheel 235/55/17 off eBay.

On the original Ebay listing it said the wheel fitted all T5/T6’s 2003 on. But on the link I’ve just pasted in it gives 2003 - 2015, and at the bottom LH corner it shows another wheel for 2015 - 2018. The difference seems to be that the tyre fitted to the latter is 215/60/17, which is narrower, but both tyre diameters are the same.

Does anyone know why the wheels would be listed like this? I’m wondering if I need to contact them to change my order before they send it out. (I would prefer the one I have ordered because it matches the 18” wheels more closely.)

Hi Colin

I don't profess to know for sure but as the standard Ocean 17" wheels are 235/55/17 then I would be going for them. Main thing to check is that's the wheel rim width is the same, which at 7" I think it is, and then the offset.

I have used the size comparer on this website many times in the past and it is handy as you put the two different wheel/tyre sizes in and it shows you how they differ.

Hope this helps
Ross

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Hi Colin

I don't profess to know for sure but as the standard Ocean 17" wheels are 235/55/17 then I would be going for them. Main thing to check is that's the wheel rim width is the same, which at 7" I think it is, and then the offset.

I have used the size comparer on this website many times in the past and it is handy as you put the two different wheel/tyre sizes in and it shows you how they differ.

Hope this helps
Ross

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
Many Oceans are supplied as standard with the 215/60/17 tyre, just seems to be random what size/type/make are supplied.

Thanks Ross, that site won’t actually work on my iPad, I’ll check it out later on the laptop.

Cheers Loz, I’ll leave the order be :thumb

Many Oceans are supplied as standard with the 215/60/17 tyre, just seems to be random what size/type/make are supplied.

I'd noted the same variation. My 150 Ocean has 215/60/17 whereas previous SE had 235/55.

I wondered if for the Ocean, the 150s are shipped with 215/60 and the 204s with 235/55. Does that fit others experience?
If so, @motacyclist will be best with the 235/55 he's ordered. It would still be best to treat it as a 'spacesaver' spare and limit speed when in use, as it would mean a mix-match vs his 18s" on the other 3 wheels.

@motacyclist I suspect the steel wheel they send will be this style, not the one shown (which is the 16")
17.JPG
You can get centre caps from the main stealer, sorry dealer.

It would still be best to treat it as a 'spacesaver' spare and limit speed when in use, as it would mean a mix-match vs his 18s" on the other 3 wheels.
That’s it exactly, if it ever sees daylight it will be just to get to the nearest tyre centre. Won’t bother with centre caps :D

Back