Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where to carry kayak paddles in/on Cali?

Tigger

Tigger

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi,

We’re headed to Scotland for a few weeks with our 2 man sit on top Kayak (Tarpon T130). Last time we took it, we loved having it but found storage of the paddles a pain.

The paddles themselves split into 2 halves, Last time we had them (badly) tied to the back of the parcel shelf (next to the boot door) but they fell out and were continuously in the way. Has anyone found a good place to store them? Are they noisy if mounted on the roof?

thanks
Pip

Hi,

We’re headed to Scotland for a few weeks with our 2 man sit on top Kayak (Tarpon T130). Last time we took it, we loved having it but found storage of the paddles a pain.

The paddles themselves split into 2 halves, Last time we had them (badly) tied to the back of the parcel shelf (next to the boot door) but they fell out and were continuously in the way. Has anyone found a good place to store them? Are they noisy if mounted on the roof?

thanks
Pip
In the boot on the L hand side. In the special space for skis etc?

I keep mine (2 sets of splits) in a paddle bag and then on the rear bed extension.

I do have a Beach though so have the full width of the rear to use.
As well as protecting the paddles the bag keeps them all together so easy to move around if it’s in the way.
If that isn’t an option for you how about strapping them all together and putting lengthwise under the bed extension with the shafts through the long load ‘hatch’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Spring coming up, I'd like to revive this thread.
Has anyone suggestions where/how to best store the 130cm long half paddles in a Coast/Ocean?

I'd prefer not through the "ski" hole under the bench, nor on the left hand side of the rear cupboard, as it would obstruct the opening of the cupboard door.

With Spring coming up, I'd like to revive this thread.
Has anyone suggestions where/how to best store the 130cm long half paddles in a Coast/Ocean?

I'd prefer not through the "ski" hole under the bench, nor on the left hand side of the rear cupboard, as it would obstruct the opening of the cupboard door.
If there’s not too much curve on the blade, possibly laid flat on the roofbed.

I carry my 210cm wing paddles on the floor protruding through the ski hatch. I've never found them to be too much in the way. I could split them but can't be bothered.

in the roof box next to the canoe? Put on some wide roof bars. Paddles and PFDs etc all go in the box.
9C1BDE6B-1C6D-4FA1-96AD-5A819B3AF785.jpeg

Back