Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where to get a 'proper' Cali service?

C

Cavilln

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
my Cali is 10 years old. Pre facelift; one careful previous owner; 50k miles.

My only option for servicing in the Manchester area seems to be the Manchester VW Van centre which does a fine job of the mechanicals, but they basically see it as a Transporter. They don't look at any camping parts of the van. The local campervan centre is not good with Calis and charge £50 an hour just to get out of bed.

I have read things on this forum about gas leaks; roof strut oil leaks etc and I am thinking....do I need a specific Cali service at some point? If so, what would they look at?

and more to the point, any recommendations? I can travel but obviously it would be easier to find somewhere not to far from Manchester/stockport.

thanks

nick

Not being rude, but have you looked in the Dealers Review Section.

Click on Forums - scroll down to Dealers Review.

Best person to look at your gas is probably a gas safe engineer, many caravan or campervan places will have a recommended or even in house Gas Safe registered person. :)

Thanks WelshGas - not rude, helpful as always!

Never spotted that section before

Preston seems to be the closest one to me with glowing reviews

Thanks WelshGas - not rude, helpful as always!

Never spotted that section before

Preston seems to be the closest one to me with glowing reviews
They may not be able to do a Gas Check but should be knowledgeable about the California bits.
The rubber gas pipe should be changed, I think, every 4/5 years so might be worth changing yours, yourself. The Forum Shop sells them.

Back