Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where to mount....

dannosail

dannosail

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
a FIRE extinguisher?

Had mine languishing in the draw for 3 years since I bought the van. Just seen Briwy with a picture of one mounted between the tailgate and the rear cupboard. My only thought on this is, the cooker might be up in flames by the time I get to it. Anyone tried anywhere else?

Mine is attached to the rear of the RH front seat base, just above the bottom of the floor

Last edited:
On the back of the seat? How did you attach it? Bit concerned I might kick it.

I moved mine from between the front seats to the front of the passenger seat ( witch for you guys is the drivers seat....) mine is LHD
Thinking of buying a second one and mounting it in the back like Briwy has done.

image.jpg

On the back of the seat? How did you attach it? Bit concerned I might kick it.
The plastic rear bit of the base comes off (just pull it). I made a wooden spacer which I riveted to the base. The fire extinguisher was then screwed to the wood using the supplied fastener rail. Easy - and the only "damage" to the Cali is two tiny holes in the seat base.
And I've never kicked it!

Last edited:
Fitted mine to the side of the bench seat sliding door side:thumb

I do belive it must be " within reach of the driver ....." In case something happens!
Don't know the laws in UK ...

Last edited:
+1 for side of sliding bench seat.

Seat base fitting looks good. Got a feeling my extinguisher is a bit too long to fit in the recess - might have to change it.

I move the bench seat too much to trust putting it on the side there.

Anyone mounted on the side of the Kitchen unit by the sockets?

a FIRE extinguisher?

Had mine languishing in the draw for 3 years since I bought the van. Just seen Briwy with a picture of one mounted between the tailgate and the rear cupboard. My only thought on this is, the cooker might be up in flames by the time I get to it. Anyone tried anywhere else?

I also have one in the drivers door pocket in the "bottle holder" bit. My reasoning is that I would primarily be concerned about getting out of the vehicle and then grabbing an extinguisher. One in the drivers door and one in the rear hopefully would make that easier.

Back