Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which colours are actually available?

S

Stevecaterham7

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Trying to make some final decisions on spec before engaging with dealers. The December 2015 brochure says there are only 3 solid colours available, but the November 2015 price list has 5 including pure grey which I fancy.

Can anyone confirm whether this wider range of colours are available to order please?

Solid. Bright Orange, Candy White, Cherry Red, Deep Ocean, Pure Grey.
Solid. Grape Yellow.
Metallic. Acapulco Blue, Bamboo Garden Green, Blackberry, Chestnut Brown, Indium Grey, Mojave Beige, Reflex Silver, Starlight Blue.
Pearl. Deep Black.
Mother-of-pearl. Oryx White

I believe this is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid. Bright Orange, Candy White, Cherry Red, Deep Ocean, Pure Grey.
Solid. Grape Yellow.
Metallic. Acapulco Blue, Bamboo Garden Green, Blackberry, Chestnut Brown, Indium Grey, Mojave Beige, Reflex Silver, Starlight Blue.
Pearl. Deep Black.
Mother-of-pearl. Oryx White

I believe this is correct.

That's great thanks. Am torn between the solid white and pure grey...

Trying to make some final decisions on spec before engaging with dealers. The December 2015 brochure says there are only 3 solid colours available, but the November 2015 price list has 5 including pure grey which I fancy.

Can anyone confirm whether this wider range of colours are available to order please?
LOVE the pure grey. Do it!

LOVE the pure grey. Do it!

Got an off-road grey T5 with 20" range rover alloys at the moment and that looks awesome. So white would represent a big change which would be cool, but the grey looks great and isn't as much of a pig to keep clean either. Decisions decisions...

I really liked the pure grey but chickened out and ordered indium grey instead. Pure grey looks much better in the flesh than it does in photos. There's a T6 Kombi in pure grey on ebay at the moment that looks amazing.

I really liked the pure grey but chickened out and ordered indium grey instead. Pure grey looks much better in the flesh than it does in photos. There's a T6 Kombi in pure grey on ebay at the moment that looks amazing.
Just went to try and find that Dan, but couldn't see it. Have you got a link?

And why has Grape Yellow suddenly become a £252 optional extra? Has Grape Yellow proved to be a very popular colour and VW has seen the opportunity to make more money? If it is that popular then it should be cheaper.

It's being sold by Leighton vans so if you go to their website, you can see other colours as well. Most have their sport line kit added which I really like. The website is Leightonvans.co.uk.

It's being sold by Leighton vans so if you go to their website, you can see other colours as well. Most have their sport line kit added which I really like. The website is Leightonvans.co.uk.
Sold on that. Pure grey it is.

Agreed and yes that just might sway me from the Indium Grey. Save money, looks good and very easy to match if repairs needed.

Depends on whether you want a Beach or Ocean

Agreed and yes that just might sway me from the Indium Grey. Save money, looks good and very easy to match if repairs needed.

I do think pure grey is a marmite colour - for every person that loves it there's probably someone that hates it. I really like it but I think it suits the sportier kombi and panel vans more especially when lowered, spoilers, wheels etc. I don't really plan on adding much more than a tailgate bike rack and a set of side bars.

I do think pure grey is a marmite colour - for every person that loves it there's probably someone that hates it. I really like it but I think it suits the sportier kombi and panel vans more especially when lowered, spoilers, wheels etc. I don't really plan on adding much more than a tailgate bike rack and a set of side bars.
Interesting. Thanks for that as I will be keeping mine pretty standard. Definitely need to see the style of van you want in the colour to be sure.

I'll be swapping it to bigger wheels and some colour coding over time, so think the grey will make a good basis for that.

Called in to the dealer today and they didn't know for sure what colours I could order :headbang

They said pure grey isn't available on high spec transporters so questioned if it really is a Cali colour. They will be talking to vw on Monday.

They also couldn't give details on the dash upgrade for the beach either. Think vw need to look closely at the information they make available to the dealers!

I just ordered my Beech and I've been told the colours are the ones in the brochure, not the price list so:

Pearl - Oryx White, Deep Black
Solid - Candy White, Cherry Red, Grape Yellow
Metallic - Reflex Silver, Indium Grey, Mojave Beige, Chestnut Brown, Bamboo Garden Green, Acapulco Blue, Starlight Blue, Blackberry

First three solid colours, then six with one being an optional extra and now back to three. I am glad thats now cleared up?
What are VW up to? Surely by now they must have had the time to make up there minds on exactly what is going to be offered here in the UK and to print accurate brochures and price lists? It is not as if the Cali T6 is an entirely new vehicle but instead it is a very nice but none the less, warmed over long standing model so issues like this should have been sorted out and double checked long before the new model hit the showrooms.

Sorry, rant over.

First three solid colours, then six with one being an optional extra and now back to three. I am glad thats now cleared up?
What are VW up to? Surely by now they must have had the time to make up there minds on exactly what is going to be offered here in the UK and to print accurate brochures and price lists? It is not as if the Cali T6 is an entirely new vehicle but instead it is a very nice but none the less, warmed over long standing model so issues like this should have been sorted out and double checked long before the new model hit the showrooms.

Sorry, rant over.
Frankly I agree with you. I am in a different position to many in that I want a Cali, however I do not NEED one now due to my wife's work circumstances. If I did I would find it infuriating not knowing exactly what I'm ordering. It's a big financial and emotional deal. I also appreciate that others have different time scheduled and need to get in with it. You have my sympathy! I find the whole bartering, pleading process painful an example being taking out finance to get the discount/service deals and then cancelling. I understand why many of these things happen but it does not make me happy about it. It is making me question buying one at all and certainly preventing me from ordering one now.
That's my rant over. Well for now anyway!

If anyone is intrested this is what the German brochure is saying
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Exect the same as the Belgian brochure but diffrent picture
image.jpeg

Frankly I agree with you. I am in a different position to many in that I want a Cali, however I do not NEED one now due to my wife's work circumstances. If I did I would find it infuriating not knowing exactly what I'm ordering. It's a big financial and emotional deal. I also appreciate that others have different time scheduled and need to get in with it. You have my sympathy! I find the whole bartering, pleading process painful an example being taking out finance to get the discount/service deals and then cancelling. I understand why many of these things happen but it does not make me happy about it. It is making me question buying one at all and certainly preventing me from ordering one now.
That's my rant over. Well for now anyway!

I have to disagree, overall I've been really happy with the ordering process - i think one of the problems of having to wait months for delivery is having too much time to ponder over the options and spec that you've chosen - especially when spending so much hard earned cash on a vehicle. When I've rented a Cali, I wasn't able to choose what options were on the vehicle (other than auto or manual) and I didn't even for a second wish it was any different than it was. I loved it and the excitement of waiting for my new van by far outweighs any distress at haggling for a good deal (to be fair, I like that too) if I can save £1400 by signing up to a finance deal (and cancelling after a week) and taking the service package, I think it's worth the paperwork.

It's not unreasonable to expect a dealer to know what colours you can have, or whether a beach can have an ocean dash upgrade though is it? They said that they need to try and build the spec I want to find out if the computer says no...

Problem is you set your heart on something (like pure grey) only to find you can't have what you want!

I have to disagree, overall I've been really happy with the ordering process - i think one of the problems of having to wait months for delivery is having too much time to ponder over the options and spec that you've chosen - especially when spending so much hard earned cash on a vehicle. When I've rented a Cali, I wasn't able to choose what options were on the vehicle (other than auto or manual) and I didn't even for a second wish it was any different than it was. I loved it and the excitement of waiting for my new van by far outweighs any distress at haggling for a good deal (to be fair, I like that too) if I can save £1400 by signing up to a finance deal (and cancelling after a week) and taking the service package, I think it's worth the paperwork.
Hi Dan glad you got a discount and what you wanted. Point is it should not be necessary. I know it is and the realities of having to barter and will do myself. It is an observation of the absurdity of putting finance in place to then cancel when both sides know what and why it is being done. Enjoy :)