Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which fuse for water pump

Paulro

Paulro

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
My tap has stopped working and there's no sound of a pump working. I thought I'd change the fuse which is under the ashtray but the manual bears no resemblance to the fuse panels I am seeing.
I'm sure I have read about this before but can't find the link.
Can someone help me locate the correct fuse or give me a guide to the fuse box?
Many thanks

Are you sure its the fuse :?: does the tap make a click when you turn it on :?:

No, there's no click. That's what makes me think it could be the fuse. Never had any trouble before. I suspect my leisure batteries need changing but the interior lights are working. Could that affect it?
Fuse box is a nightmare. It doesn't correspond at all to the manual?
Thanks for your quick reply.
Paul

Try the 5amp fuse under the passenger seat :thumb

My fuse box isn't under seat. It's under the ashtray in the front panel?

What van have you got :?: there are several fuse boxes on a Cali 1 under the dash 1 under the bonnet and 1 under the passenger seat rhd Cali drivers seat LHD cali :thumb

There are also fuses under passenger seat

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Hello guys. My Cali is a 57 reg 130.
There's relays under the seat but no fuses.
2 blocks of fuses in a removable panel under the ashtray.
But, as I mentioned previously, the diagram looks so simple in the supplementary California instruction booklet but it bears no resemblance to the panels of fuses. :?:

I've just been through the same process in a 2008. It's a 5 amp fuse under the passenger seat. You should find the list of fuses in the California supplementary manual. The fuses are difficult to get to. We swapped the fuse for the indicator fuse that is in the box under the ash tray, to see if it was a fuse issue. It wasn't. The pump had failed and seemingly burnt out the relay with it. I'll add a photo in a mo

To give you the context, I turned the seat sideways and pushed it back. You can see the lhs runner in the shot and the fuses are below it. The one you want is the impossible one towards the bottom. Apologies for the quality. Taken with iPad and torch!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402734879.772630.jpg

The ability to stand on your head helps :thumb :lol:

Four years of Tai Chi, but none of that involved standing on my head. Ten inch fingers would help too

My tap has also stopped delivering water... we've blown a fuse before when we momentarily ran it dry. The fuse was under the passenger seat (2010 Facelift 180) which as other have say bears no resemblance to the manual. VW do point this out however and the important thing is that the order of the fuses should always remain consistent so you just have to count to the correct fuse.

This time, it isn't the fuse, they're all good. There is no clicking etc. I assumed that the pump has failed/stuck as others have commented on but I can't get the cover off... looks like I need to make a tool of some sort - which would be easier if I could get the blooming top off to make a template...

Then things went from bad to worse... 'it came off in my hand' :D

Day667-14-06-2014_zps5ddb23e9.jpg

There doesn't seem to be much retaining the tap other than a tiny o-ring which appears to be single use! Anyone know of hand what I need to order to repair this?

Oh, and our leisure batteries appear to be failing on us (after 3 1/2 years and 260+ nights use, so can't really complain) we first noticed when the fridge kept cutting out despite the batteries saying they are at 90%...