Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which stereo Have I got?

Just to throw a spanner in the works , I think we have gone off topic slightly, But the app WAZE is fantastic bit of smartphone nav.. Give it a whirl... Head and shoulders above my built in nav..

Just to throw a spanner in the works , I think we have gone off topic slightly, But the app WAZE is fantastic bit of smartphone nav.. Give it a whirl... Head and shoulders above my built in nav..
I'll give it s while but I'm confident you'll go my £25 route, and enjoy all the great developments coming to our phones ;)

It's the RNS510, I'm not sure but I think you need to have the "premium" option for the phone to work. Do you have a microphone above the sun visor?
Looks the same as the one I have. I’m very happy with it as a satnav, radio & phone but it seems to have a mind of its own in terms of media. Sometimes works /doesn’t work plugged into the usb & sometimes works /doesn’t work when it’s not plugged in
I keep meaning to sit & read the manual & learn how the settings work
One of these days

It would be if your built in SatNav hasn’t been updated since 2011.

I’ve had the RNS510 and now CarPlay, in my opinion Waze via CarPlay is on another level compared to the RNS510, also has Google Maps and Apple Maps as back up, if all these fails my Kenwood has built in Garmin, I’ve never used it.

Navigation aside with CarPlay (or AppConnect as VW call it) I enjoy native Spotify, What’s App, text messaging, Audible and the Phone interface is way more user friendly and advanced than the VW unit.

I am loving Waze on carplay, seriously considering an upgrade in my T5 after using it for a week or so. However you can't beat the fallback of in memory maps when signals are gone (like around certain parts of Denmark)

Back