Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who’s ordering now it looks like the import duty risk is gone?!

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
A bit of fun...

Now it looks like VW are coving any future import duties due to brexit for orders up to 2nd December - who is placing orders in the next few weeks to get the protection?

Model, options, engine, colour etc - we want to know it all!!

I'm ordering a LHD Cali next week on the Continent so hopefully I can avoid any Brexit shenanigans by registering in France or Italy.

203PS Coast Special Edition model 4motion DSG
Gray with black accents
LED headlights and tail lights standard
Shower standard
Black awning rail
Foglights

Options:
Canvas bellows with extra window
80L fuel tank
wood effect floor
rear view camera
ACC
Parking heater (pricey option in Euro spec Cali)
Extra keys (4) (cheap not to get them now)
Uprated battery and alternator
Solar cell panel (dealer installed)
Bigger brake rotors (I'll install my 19" monoblock forged HRE wheels at some point)
2 year extended warranty.

I'm ordering a LHD Cali next week on the Continent so hopefully I can avoid any Brexit shenanigans by registering in France or Italy.

203PS Coast Special Edition model 4motion DSG
Gray with black accents
LED headlights and tail lights standard
Shower standard
Black awning rail
Foglights

Options:
Canvas bellows with extra window
80L fuel tank
wood effect floor
rear view camera
ACC
Parking heater (pricey option in Euro spec Cali)
Extra keys (4) (cheap not to get them now)
Uprated battery and alternator
Solar cell panel (dealer installed)
Bigger brake rotors (I'll install my 19" monoblock forged HRE wheels at some point)
2 year extended warranty.
But if at some time it’s imported into the UK then you will have to pay tax and duty..

But if at some time it’s imported into the UK then you will have to pay tax and duty..
No intentions of returning to the UK to live. I left the UK in 1991, lived in Italy for 5 years and the USA since 1996. Plan is to work for a few more years in Europe and then retire to France.

Not me, i'm waiting to see what happens with the economy over the next year or so. I call it being prudent but those that know me well would probably have a different name for it.

Out of interest what’s the deposit for a Cali? Is it still £1,000 non refundable?

Out of interest what’s the deposit for a Cali? Is it still £1,000 non refundable?
Depends on the dealer. I got deposit quotes of £500 and £1000. The dealer I went with wanted £1000 but matched the £500 I'd been offered elsewhere.

I’m thinking there will be a lot of well priced nearly new ones in the next year or so - so many been bought and ordered on the last 12 months and I think many will be selling when they realise how long they’ve been on the drive doing nothing - if not then I’ll order a new one