Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why so little leather?

Leather was never on it. Alcantara was but, contrary to popular belief, that’s composed of about 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane and hasn’t been anywhere near a cow!
Think it was!
In 2013 the front seats “leather” option was part Alcantara and part leather. The leather being the areas “that contacted the passengers”.

Think it was!
In 2013 the front seats “leather” option was part Alcantara and part leather. The leather being the areas “that contacted the passengers”.
Sorry you are right and I think just the inner panels were Alcantara. I suspect they are depleting stock in readiness for the 6.1 which appears to be have completely different upholstery.

Sorry you are right and I think just the inner panels were Alcantara. I suspect they are depleting stock in readiness for the 6.1 which appears to be have completely different upholstery.
VW going vegan!

Our previous 2015 SE was Alcantara and real Leather and that's what I thought I would be getting on our current Beach order. Alas not. Franky, I'm not going to pay all that extra money for what are basically plastic seats.

I've ordered the standard dark fabric instead.

The Queen has her vehicle upholstered in cloth, the idea of leather seats is from the days before synthetics and drivers sat in open cockpits.
Somehow its become a status thing.

Leather is totally practical and cleans easily. Not status symbol but best solution and looks good always.:happy

The Queen has her vehicle upholstered in cloth, the idea of leather seats is from the days before synthetics and drivers sat in open cockpits.
Somehow its become a status thing.
HM the Queen has a fleet of cars, non of which she uses for camping with kids and dogs.

The traditional material in the rear of a limosine is West of England lambs wool cloth. A material which would be unsuitable and inappropriate in a camper van. Leather on the other hand, is hard wearing, can be wiped clean and only gets better with age.

HM the Queen has a fleet of cars, non of which she uses for camping with kids and dogs.

The traditional material in the rear of a limosine is West of England lambs wool cloth. A material which would be unsuitable and inappropriate in a camper van. Leather on the other hand, is hard wearing, can be wiped clean and only gets better with age.

One of our leather dining room chairs has a double buttock puddle stain. I’ve tried wiping it away but the double buttock puddle stain remains.

I find it charming. My sons try to avoid the chair and blame one another as the cause.

Back