Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alcantara leather grey/anthracite seats?...help!

C

californiachiz

VIP Member
After owning a T5 conversation for the last 12 months we have finally taken the Cali plunge and placed an order for a 4motion 180 last week.....looking forward to a rather large early Christmas present hopefully! Anyway now all those final tweaks happening and the one decision I am struggling with is the seats. The standard seat coverings appear completely impractical and with 2 kids and a golden retriever they will not last long, and given that this is going to be my every day vehicle I am really not keen on seat covers. Ideally I want full leather, but have been considering the Alcantara ZJ (cheaper) option but can't find any detail or pictures of actually what they look like. The VW dealer I'm dealing with cant come up with much useful info. I have pieced together that they are leather/suede facings and vinyl sides and backs but would really appreciate any pictures and/or views on durability/cleanability. I have suede inserts on freelander seats and they seem to clean pretty well with good old baby wipes! Any views or help much appreciated.

Thanks a lot, the picture gives me a better idea although I thought being called anthracite the colour would be a lot darker. Some really good stuff from the retrim company which I will follow up on. Thanks.

wow!! surprise my cali picture on this tread..... ;-)

:cool:

Yes sorry about that I just used it as an example. Logos good though :thumb

No Problem, I only don't like my red carpet ;) I replaced with my new invention :p

IMG.jpg

That does look a neat job :thumb I was just wondering how I have a picture of your van in my photo's have you just bought it from someone on here :?:

Hi There
I've just joined the club this evening & hoping to receive our California 4 motion in October.
We also had the same dilemma re seats as we have a couple of rug rats and having just sold a Porsche cayenne with leather seats in to then not have something that cleans easy would have been just plain silly!! So like your self we wanted to see the anthracite /leather & as it happens they had a caravel people carrier in the show rooms which had them in , and I have to say they suit the vehicle and as you say reasonable price.
We did look at outside options for all leather but thought it wasn't necessary as the VW one would do the job !!
Good look with your decision.

Hi guys and gals , we recently retrimmed a cali in full leather which originally had the alcantara and leather option , the cali was about 4 months old when it came to us and the alcantara looked like it was 10years old , stained from damp clothing. We binned a complete cali interior because its was beyond reuse. There are so many alternatives to leather and vinyls, some vinyls give leather a run for its money. With kids and pets the fabric is a better alternative , i can show how to remove covers and
Stick them through a washing machine. Fabsil is great for reducing the posibilities of staining and so does scotchguarding the covers. Also worth noting that http://www.westtrading.nl/overzicht.asp ... upholstery who we use has the correct materials for these upgrades.
Cheers ade