Wild Camping Dartmoor

Moose

Moose

T6 Ocean 204 DSG
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
In the paper today :mad:

■ DARTMOOR could ban wild camping, overnight stays in caravans and group barbecues because of bad behaviour. Draft laws for the Devon beauty spot will go out next week for a six-week public consultation.

Rich20

Rich20

Living the dream
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Good, it’s heartbreaking to see the destruction that people have done and the mess left behind. We see it every time we go up there now, it never used to be like it. If people can’t respect this beautiful area then action needs to be taken.

Moose

Moose

T6 Ocean 204 DSG
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
YES ITS
Good, it’s heartbreaking to see the destruction that people have done and the mess left behind. We see it every time we go up there now, it never used to be like it. If people can’t respect this beautiful area then action needs to be taken.
Agree, its such a shame the lack of respect people have for our open spaces and then ruin it for those do.

rod_vw

rod_vw

Vehicle
Motorhome
I wish the councils realised that if they implemented the French idea of lots of Aires run by the local parish councils and charged at a nominal price they could have the best of both worlds, controlled camping and a bit of income for the local communities.
It might upset the greedy campsites but so what there would be money coming into the locality.

ThomasHJ

ThomasHJ

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
As I am not in the UK, I can't really comment on this specific case, but in similair situations I would hope, and think it should be possibe to figure out some sort of solution where the problem gets solved without having to close off areas or ban people from using it. Maybe I am too optimistic.