Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wild camping for motorhomes

I'm registered on there and have used the advice for wild spots a number of times. The poi database is useful!

While it can be useful to be pointed towards others free camp spots these are likely either to be off your route or lead you to go from ' A to B ' much better to find your own based on your route.

BerndRos said:
While it can be useful to be pointed towards others free camp spots these are likely either to be off your route or lead you to go from ' A to B ' much better to find your own based on your route.

I'm using it to source pubs that are happy to allow stopovers. Tie that info in with Camra's POI file and journeys will be routed through them.

Notwithstanding the obvious DD issues!! Ocifer!

Andy said:
I used to have a bookmark of a site listing pubs that allow overnight stops in return for your custom that night, but can not find it.
Does anyone else know of this site ?

Found it, pay £30 membership & as above.

http://www.motorhomestopover.co.uk/index.html

I had seen that site a while ago but + £30 I thought that was a bit steep. Especially when pubs; particularly country pubs are on their knees. I would have thought they would be crying out for some sort of network that supports them. Very few offer more than a place to park.

From what I can see in WC there appears to be a drive to get more "aires" established in the UK like there are on the Continent. It's not as if we are short on carparks.