Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS510 Personal POI upload without MS Windows Machine

holliers

holliers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi

I don't have access to an MS Windows machine, so have been trying to figure out how to upload "Personal Points of Interest (POI's)" to the RNS510.

There is a reference document in the VIP section, but the software requires MS Windows.

I've managed to find this web site on the German VW site.

http://www.volkswagen.de/de/navigation/rns-510/poi-listen-sammlung.html

With some use of Google Translate I've managed to get it to work quite successfully using CSV files, first from the C&CC website, then my own.

You can upload 20 separate POI lists, each with their own icons

I couldn't see the information posted here anywhere, so thought it might be useful for share. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to write a few notes on how to use it.

Cheers
Mark

Hi. Thank you for the information. One question. How do you combine the separate .csv files AND have separate icons using that VW programme?

I posted the guide in download section. I do not use MS but linux. The referenced software works perfectly under wine so should also work on Macs

Sent from my SM-G900F

I've read your article before, but couldn't get the software to install on my iMac. I've used the VW software and it worked fine installing the Archie's Campsite POI list. However I wanted to have a few more categories and the original poster seems to have a way of doing it on a Mac.
I'll have another go but I don hold out much hope.
Thanks anyway.

Resurrected a very old laptop running XP and managed to run Poinspector and have now got the Archie's/Caravan Club and ASCI POI databases installed in separate categories with their own icons. Already for my trip to Nordkapp.

Hi WelshGas

Sorry for the delay; I was away in the van.... in Wales.

You can upload upto 5 seperate CSV files, each with it's own icon (must be 34x39 pixels)

In the attachment you can see I've uploaded the Caravan and Camping Certified and Club sites, each with their own icon. Each time you want to add a new file click the "Weitere POI-Kategorien einlesen" button (I've put a red rectangle around it) and select a new CSV / Icon pair. It will then appear in the list as per the attachment.

Let me know if that gets you what you need or if I have missed the question

Cheer
Mark

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 19.18.39.png

Thanks Mark. I used POInsptector on an old XP laptop. I've now installed, in separate categories, CC CL sites, CC UK, CC Europe, Archies for Europe ( 32,000 sites ) as well as ASCI for All the European countries. In total about 20 groupings, and all works as it should. If anyone wants the file, I'll be at Calis on the Farm - with my SD card.
Just track me down.

Hi Welshgas,

Back from Spain, but needing to reinstall all the Archies POI. Which is the format for the RNS 510? Seem to be lots of different ones, but not mention of VW software, does it fall under another category?